x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Speaking of sports - Olympics

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 6:19 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I haven't seen much posted here about the Olympics. No interest from the crowd? I'll probablty watch the mens final hocking and that's about it.

A lot of the events seem like same old with nothing new or exciting or radical. I read somewhere the attendance isn't great for a lot of evetns.

I lost a lot of interest after the Jamaican blodsled team disbanded

Edited by wallythacker 2006-02-17 6:22 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 7:23 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm just plain not interested on a personal level.

Kudos to those taking part and congratulations to the winners for being the best in their respective classes, but for me watching sport in any fashion is tantamount to double dosing vallium.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 3:25 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

The only interesting thing I have seen so far, was when that Chinese team of two were doing an ice skating routine. Almost immediately after they started, the girl flew into a wall. She obviously hurt her leg badly, but a couple of minutes later, they were both up again. As it ended up, they got the silver medal.

Now that is definitely some mind over body going on there.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-20 2:18 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Figure skating is getting downright dangerous - I just finished watching a couple of pairs' routines, and both involved falls. The first of the two was actually pretty scary - the female partner appeared to land flush on her hip on the ice. I wouldn't be surprised if she fractured it when she hit. (It hurt to watch.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-02-20 2:19 AM
 Top of the page
pcpeekermom Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 12:14 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well at least we managed to tpo our medal count this year, It does make a canadian feel worth something
With being third in medal standings, Yes Mens Hockey let us down, with the wonam athlettes turning out the most medals in their speed skating choices But YEAH Yaaa, we reached 23 medals all together,

Way to go Canada
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I thought it was 24 medals-3rd in the standings-not bad for a relatively small country (population-wise). I too, miss the Jamaican bobsled team-they were "cool". Our hockey team was a disappointment-but the Swedes deserved a change of luck after that "unlucky" goal several years ago.

wildbill
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 1:42 PM
#
H/PC Elder

We did do well for a low-population country. We better though, considering we wear snowshoes 8 months of the year. Ugh, I gotta snowblow the driveway again, third time this week. I live in a supposedly southern Ontario town (according to the government) and I'm sure we'll set a record for February snowfall. My Dad, who lives close to Toronto (50 miles away to the south) has no snow to speak of.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 3:57 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

We have a silver medal Just the one. Skeleton I think it was. The British aren't greedy like some countries... that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 10