x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

The death test.

1 2 3
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 5:25 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

this is pretty cool but you have to be totally honest don't answer what you think they want to hear! Me 2056 at 81
The Death Test

Ever wonder when you'll die? Or what will kill you? Now you can find out what will PROBABLY kill you and when.

Genealogists routinely catalog the births, marriages, and deaths of thousands of people; yet, we sometimes treat our own deaths as something that will never happen. Now a web site predicts your death date that your descendants will be recording in their genealogy databases.

The Death Test is the product of research that began over 5 years ago in Harvard's math department. I found it interesting that the test asks about the causes of death or your parents, grandparents, and siblings. It also asks the normal questions one might expect: family members who suffered from obesity, high blood pressure, past heart problems, and so on. It also asks about your own diet and lifestyle. It then returns a probable date of your death, based upon the data you supplied.

You can test your expected longevity at http://www.okcupid.com/death
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 8:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

79.1... not saying the year.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 8:27 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

C:Amie - 2006-02-17 7:05 PM

79.1... not saying the year.

Edited by Yoldering 2006-02-17 8:36 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 8:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Find out what will happen to you after "the event":
http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv

Again you have to be honest or it doesn't work.

I was dead honest:
The Dante's Inferno Test has sent you to the First Level of Hell - Limbo!

Here is how you matched up against all the levels:
Level | Score
Purgatory | Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo | Very High
Level 2 | Low
Level 3 | Very Low
Level 4 | Low
Level 5 | Low
Level 6 - The City of Dis | Very High
Level 7 | Low
Level 8- the Malebolge | Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus | Low

Level descriptions: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-information.html
Take the test: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/dante-inferno-test.mv
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-17 8:49 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Here are my results...
Purgatory

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You have escaped damnation and made it to Purgatory, a place where the dew of repentance washes off the stain of sin and girds the spirit with humility. Through contrition, confession, and satisfaction by works of righteousness, you must make your way up the mountain. As the sins are cleansed from your soul, you will be illuminated by the Sun of Divine Grace, and you will join other souls, smiling and happy, upon the summit of this mountain. Before long you will know the joys of Paradise as you ascend to the ethereal realm of Heaven.

Level Who are sent there? Score

Purgatory Repenting Believers Extreme
Level 1 High
Level 2 High
Level 3 Very Low
Level 4 Very Low
Level 5 Very Low
Level 6 Very Low
Level 7 Low
Level 8 Low
Level 9 Very Low

Edited by Yoldering 2006-02-17 9:13 PM
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 5:28 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Odd!
My mums father died at the age of 77 (lung cancer)
My fathers father died at the age of 85 (Last week at the time of writing the message)
my uncle I think it was, died of suicide (he was found washed up on a beech, quite distressing!), unsure of age, but around the 30 mark.
and I am due to die in August 2058 of cancer, if I don't die due to suicide before then! My age will be average.

"As you can plainly see, you have no more health & vitality than the average man. "
Errmmm, I don't drink! LOL
56% cancer
24% car accident
13% loneliness
5% drowning of the lungs
2% wounds

Loneliness, that'll probably kill me! LOL
And 28% of my life is already gone! Actually, I have already by other statstics lived 25% of my life, but in my mind, I have more like passed only 50% of my life, if more. In true negative style, I expect to go sooner than later. Life's volitile, isn't it! :-)

As for the afterlife:

Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

Purgatory Repenting Believers Very Low
Level 1 - Limbo Virtuous Non-Believers Moderate
Level 2 - Lustful Moderate
Level 3 - Gluttonous Moderate
Level 4 - Prodigal and Avaricious Low
Level 5 - Wrathful and Gloomy Moderate
Level 6 - The City of Dis Heretics Very High
Level 7 - Violent High
Level 8 - the Malebolge Fraudulent, Malicious, Panderers Moderate
Level 9 - Cocytus Treacherous Low

Oh, and wave were playing an excellent track for this, "Chris Rea - The road to hell!"
I gotta have that playing for my funeral! ;-)

Somehow, it just doesn't.... look right! Unless it refers to me bent on misery for the ultimate authority responsible for looking after the masses that lack common sense, aka the Health & Saftey Executive!

Edited by Wessex_nut 2006-02-18 5:43 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 7:28 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Damn it! At least you get to live in a city.
I get to go to a open plane with lots of rocks with greek philosophers mulling around

Not that I am for a moment suggesting that musing with Greek philosophers is a bad thing (so long as they give ancient Greek classes). However, what do we all do if it rains!?!?

Chris Rea - The road to hell! ROFL, nice one Wes.
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 8:39 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

C:Amie - 2006-02-18 12:28 PM
Chris Rea - The road to hell! ROFL, nice one Wes.
Sorry to hear about your Grandfather.

There was a discussion on the local radio station about what you wish to be playing at your funeral and considered the most hillaroius ways to go out. I can't remember the other 2, but Chirs Rea was the exit tune! :-)
I must ask Andy Jackson on Wave 105, to see what it was.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 4:27 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

C:Amie, your test called me a heretic!

You approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

It's because the test is so religiously based...
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 5:08 PM
#
I'm going to die in March 2062. Just enough time for my future son to command the Federation Starfleet!
No, really. I doubt that we will have THAT kind of technology... Interesting that in the 1950's - 1960's most Sci-Fi novel writers though that by the year 2000, we'd have flying cars, teleporters, and robots doing all of our housework... (and homework?)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 6:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

november 2063 at age 81. but the following lines were really shocking to me:

You have 21108.0 days left on this earth.
You've already lived 29% of your life.

21108 sounds so low!
29%?! Jesus! thats too much.

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 6:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

other test:

The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

ou approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

cool...

(yes yes i'm full of sins! yeah heretics)

Top of the page
msafi Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 6:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

according to research i will die in October 2061 at age of 79.2. i kinda thought that this would be my age when i die, but i hoped i'd live past 2100 or forever. may be it will still happen.

PS said this test is religously based, what does that mean? do i die earlier if i don't believe in god?

btw, congratulations on the new design. it's awesome and "snappy"!
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 7:00 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-02-18 11:21 PM

november 2063 at age 81. but the following lines were really shocking to me:

You have 21108.0 days left on this earth.
You've already lived 29% of your life.

21108 sounds so low!
29%?! Jesus! thats too much.

Sheesh Cmonex (don't mind if I use Monica?), the internet is soo deciving! I didn't know you're not that much older than me, unless my calculations are incorrect! I thought you were near your 30s!
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-18 7:02 PM
#
cmonex - 2006-02-18 3:47 PM

The sweet light no longer strikes against your eyes. Your shade has been banished to... the Sixth Level of Hell - The City of Dis!

ou approach Satan's wretched city where you behold a wide plain surrounded by iron walls. Before you are fields full of distress and torment terrible. Burning tombs are littered about the landscape. Inside these flaming sepulchers suffer the heretics, failing to believe in God and the afterlife, who make themselves audible by doleful sighs. You will join the wicked that lie here, and will be offered no respite. The three infernal Furies stained with blood, with limbs of women and hair of serpents, dwell in this circle of Hell.

cool...

(yes yes i'm full of sins! yeah heretics)

Nothing I haven't seen while playing DOOM2...
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.460 - Cached queries : 16 - Executed queries : 65