x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

What makes up your Home entertainment System?

1 2 3
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 2:39 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

X on Linux by default only works with 24bit (or was it 16?), and whatever that maximum is, is the maximum of my lcd. So it looks the same on both my crt and lcd. Personally, I am biased here, and thinking that your lcd's are just old. I have never seen the picture as clearly before on any other monitor.
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 9:30 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Mine is a 32in RCA Colortrak TV and SANYO DVD/VHR combo (DVD on it does not work so I have the cheapest most reliable backup DVD Magnavox MWD200F DVD player. PS1 collecting dust on top of TV that is not connected BC I have to time for Videogames. Sansui stereo receiver with a Toshiba 5 disc carousel DVD CD changer (second backup DVD player) I really have no time to watch DVD either. Also a Hitachi F362 easy guide system VHS player backup VHS set on a cable splitter to record TV shows that may be on the same time as another show I am recording. It never gets used unless I am recording something for my folks that do not have cable. I am only home to sleep and work on computer, and watch recordings of sci-fi while studying B/C I have class 4 nights a week and work 50 plus hours a week on top of that.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 10:07 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Very interesting, Yoldering...
 Top of the page
Snake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 12:28 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

ProgramSynthesiser - 2006-02-22 2:39 PM

X on Linux by default only works with 24bit (or was it 16?), and whatever that maximum is, is the maximum of my lcd. So it looks the same on both my crt and lcd. Personally, I am biased here, and thinking that your lcd's are just old. I have never seen the picture as clearly before on any other monitor.

16 bit I think.

LCD's are clear but their gamma curve is not linear, which is important when you edit photos. I get the same problem with LCD's myself, even though it is what I am using.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.136 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9