x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Any Thoughts about the Sharp Mobilon 4100?

1 2
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-20 11:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

oh but the 4100 is so much more usable than the velo1 arent you afraid of your velo1 hinge breaking? thats an even more typical failure (for the velo.. not for the sharp)
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 7:44 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Probably my Velo hinge will explode as I write this, but I do have a late-serial number model and considering the machine arrived in mint shape, I'm hoping for the best.

The Velo hinge is a strange beast--since the top is so heavy, you sometimes have to hold it in position until the hinge "sets," then the top can be on its own. But I can get it to stay open at 150 degrees (180 degrees being flat as the horizon).

But as I say, I'm jinxing everything and the Velo will surely break tonight

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 1:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

mmm yes i have to do that, hold it in position when opening it. is that normal then? it didnt need it before!
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 1:34 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
I can open mine and it'll hold at "normal viewing" without my help. But the further down the screen, the better it traps overhead light, so I really have it at a raked angle when I'm working. So there, I prop my cell phone behind for a minute and then the screen will hold its own for as long as I want.

Nor does the keyboard bother me, though the 4100's keys are clearly superior.

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 3:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i mean, i have to hold it for 1-2 secs before it sets in dont have to hold it afterwards (thank god)

the velo keyboard does bother me
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 11