x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 2:49 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I've seen interesting pictures where hams have multiple radios mounted in their cars/trucks. Each radio of course is generally a different band/function.

Is there anyone here who was gone over the edge mounting hpcs of all ilks in the car/truck?

Eventually I'd like my 6651 mounted in tablet mode for gps navigation, a 720 dedicated to war driving and mp3s playback, and my 890 for general internet access. Then I'll need a small place to mount my Tungsten for phone purposes and PIM/recording mileage and expenses.

It sounds like a lot of gear but at one tiime I had 4 ham radios in my van and it was a neat and tidy inistallation.

I've already figured out where the 6651/SL4 will live in the airplane for navigation and just keep the palm in my pocket.The My non TFT machines are not suitable for flying purposes.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 5:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Been that route too. 2m rig here, hf rig there, linear amp there, swr and pwr meters, antennas and coax all over the place...big mess...so what I could talk to Australia from my front seat of the car...I've decided that if I ever did put a gps unit in my car...which I'm not going to do, I'd just buy one made for a car.

On the othr hand on ebay not too long ago I saw some univeral mounting arms for laptops and such like the cabbies have in their cars. Guess I could stick my unit in that and play chess while I merrily drove along...

Rich
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.110 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8