x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

different programs and different VB files

t6nna Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 7:38 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Hi.
I need some advise in this. I installed couple programs from this page http://www.alfcen.com/pocket/index.htm. There is installation guide which says that "While installing the program on the Pocket PC, you may be asked whether you want to replace an existing hidden, read-only, or system file.

For Win CE 3.0 and Pocket PC 2002 the correct answer is [YES to All].
Well, it overwrites many files like pvbdecl.dll, pvbform2.dll, pvbhost2.dll, pvbload.exe (all of them are part of visual basic as I know) and puts new files too in windows dir.

When I now try run any of these programs, I got Application Error: Cannot find extension file Forms Data. Please run setup to restore this file. Well, I run vbfix, but this doesnt fix anything. Programs still doesnt run.

I installed 5 programs from that website: Hoshi, Kagaku, Keigai, Seiza, and Taiyoukei.

After different dryouts and soft/hard resets I copied pvbdecl.dll, pvbform2.dll, pvbhost2.dll, pvbload.exe to my CFmemory (there were preinstallation versions). And now, after installation I replaced these new versions with older ones from CFmemory. Well, now I get work only Kagaku, the Periodic Table of Chemical elements. Others give me Application Error: The control picS ({ here is long line of numbers and letters)} could not be created.
Her Im totally lost now.

Any suggestions?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 10:56 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Yeah, I've had some wonderful reconstructing experiences with Visual Basic apps too. My recommendation in installing any VB apps is to say "No to All" the first time and see what happens. Most apps will run on the pre-loaded versions of the VB DLLs. The only apps from that site that I have gotten to work in my MP790 are Kagaku, Koseiji, and Iomogu. (What H/PC 2000 device do you have? Some of those apps [like Taiyoukei] will only work with ARM processors.)
 Top of the page
t6nna Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 6:45 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

I have J720 and nothing works.
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 12:41 AM
#
Go to this page:

http://www.hpcfactor.com/developer/

Download the Visual Basic Runtime Redistributable. Look for the runtime files for H/PC 2000 ARM devices and copy them to \Windows in your 720. (Answer "yes" to all prompts to overwrite the existing file.) Then try the apps that you have installed again.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 12:43 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, I admit it. That was me above.
 Top of the page
t6nna Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 4:48 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

Thanks, tried that... but nothing
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 5:05 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Okay, now try removing and reinstalling the programs, this time answering "No" when asked if you want to overwrite the existing VB files. It probably won't hurt to try VBRegFix again after this, and/or soft reset. I can't guarantee that this will solve the problem, but it may. It's always been a trial-and-error operation for me.
 Top of the page
t6nna Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 5:45 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Strange, now I got work some other VB programs, that didnt work, but these before mentioned still wouldnt work
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 1:34 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It's possible that they require slightly different versions of the VB runtime files. You always have to be mindful of this when installing any new application written in VB that is intended for the Pocket PC.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 65 - Executed queries : 9