x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Website Question

Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 2:03 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So Chris, tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm sitting here at school during my 7th hour break time. I try to log onto the forum. It takes my name, says thank you for logging on, wait or click here to continue type thing, and then the next screen that shows says that I'm registered as a guest.

I tried it clickin at the link at the top that says I'm logged in as a guest, and by the left hand column that says logon to the forums...

Rich
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 2:42 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to Off-Topic
Er, Rich, as you yourself are a community leader, I'd appreciate it if you didn't throw the idea of posting categories out of the window. This has no place in a news section.

Incidentally, the forum thinks you've logged in and then out again.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 3:53 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Cookies, perhaps?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 4:11 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is also this link to consider:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/delete-cookies.asp

It will wipe all active session cookies from the system.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 5:47 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

Ouch...hand slapped accordingly. My fault though. I use Mozilla Firefox and when I scan the message headers I just open new tabs for every message. I thought I was in the right area...and obviously not when I posted.

Since it is working fine at home, I can only conclude that there is some limiting factor that doesn't allow me to login with my name from my school computer...and they really are tight with the controls in the effort to keep the kids from installing games and such on them. Cookies? We accept no cookies...but at least HPC Factor isn't like Henri's site. If I tried to log on there, then a tremendously loud siren noise errupts from the computer's speaker like a police car and a flashing bright blue screen with an alert notice starts flashing saying "You have tried to connect with an illegal site...your attempt has been logged..." because his site has the characters XX in the URL.

Rich
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 5:53 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

LOL, amusing!
I love doing things like that to people muhahaha
I'm just an evil admin I guess.

You should be able to log into the site without cookies running... I think... Will test that...
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 6:04 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Ah... seems that the new Forum doesn't allow connections without cookie sessions!

Looks like this is causing the problem. If the cookie cannot be written successfully it is going to bounce the log-in
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-21 9:16 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

All I had to do was clear cookies once after the site revamp. Only Firefox had the issue. I no longer have the problem you had.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 8