x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Want to Trade J728 for Mint J728 will pay additional $100.00

1 2
Maul Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 7:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

wildbill - 2006-02-27 9:57 AM

My J728 just arrived-the one with the plastic still on-it is absolutely perfect-the plastic was still on the outside case to protect it. The Seller had advised me it was only used for 3 weeks by his father who then bought a small laptop instead. It was advertised as "mint" and it certainly is as new as when it came out of the original box.
Sorry, Maul but this is a "keeper" and won't be sold at any price-the $316.00 US that I paid was certainly worth it. This J228 is as close to "mint" as one can get-and I didn't have to pay $560.00 US for it.

wildbill

Congrats Bill! I'm gonna sell mine off, I know its just a couple of scratches but its more irratation than its worth. Having now used both a 720 and 728 I didn't notice any appreciable difference between the two performance wise. As such I'll keep my eyes open for a mint unit of either. And more likely a 720 because of the more durable case. Theres a guy on ebay selling a mint unit now but I have already bid it up to $450.00 and haven't even removed the reserve. Anymore and I could buy a Mobilepro 900! Sheesh!
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 7:23 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Maul(Bill):

I really lucked out with this J728-I really don't think it was ever used-its perfect. Anyway the guy that sold me the J728 had a mint 720 for sale as well (ended Monday) at a starting bid of $160.00-but didn't get a single bid. I've been looking for the relisting of the item but haven't seen it. Maybe I'll just email him and thank him for the J728 and ask him what happened to the J720. I'll let you know. You are right about the speed-the J728 runs about the same speed as the J720's but I have Rocketman's updated 64 meg ram in my 720.

As "anal" as you and I are about cosmetics-there is one draw-back to "perfection"-I'm almost afraid to use it-it's so perfect. My handwritings pretty good-so I always used calligrapher and never typed-now I'm not sure I want to mark up this screen-and I hate the screen-savers. My 720's are nice-but not this good. I'll let you know about the J720. All the best!

wildbill Bill
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 58 - Executed queries : 10