x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Cheap MP800 charger

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 1:00 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I was in an auto parts store and they had trickle chargers for car batteries on sale for $8. The charger is just a brick with leads and clips that puts out 13.5v @3A.

So I bought one and jury rigged it to my MP890 power plug and plugged it into my 890 hoping for the best.

Nothing bad happened No magic smoke escaped. The charge light on the MP went on. The MP powered up OK. Everything seems OK.

The point of this story is you don't have to spend 20-30 bux for a MP800 charger if you scrounge around a bit at an auto parts / electrical parts store.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 2:48 AM
#
I'll keep that in mind, but I will always look online to see if someone has done it before. As I am not very brave at trying new things. But regardless, that's really cool that you did that.

Just wondering, does the MP800 use the same charger as the MP7x0 series?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 5:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

No, the 790 is 9v and the 800 series is 13.5v. Shame they aren't the same
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 7:38 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

So I have this idea....a universal extended battery with a 12V output for HPC units...guaranteed to give you 1000 hours of continous work time between charges, and that is with using wifi...just kind of heavy to carry around...do you see where I am going? You buy them at Sears....

Rich
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11