x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

J728 external power input & battery life

DeathDeal
DeathDeal Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 9:20 AM
#
Ok, this is the issue: I got my jornada 728 full equiped for navigation. Got Destinator running, a pretec cf gps, an external antenna for the gps and a car charger for the jornada. The problem is simple. Is there a way to supply external power to the jornada whithout having the battery recharging? Cause if I leave the battery in its place it's gonna get ruined from multiple charges. Any software or hardware solution? (except from removing the battery, which actually works)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 3:06 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what's the problem with removing the battery? if you have a good backup battery in the j728, no need to worry about a hardreset. if that's why you don't want to remove the battery, i.e. you want the battery to supply power to the jornada, then you have to accept that you cannot avoid charging it. anyway li ion doesn't mind the multiple charges. so again no worries.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 7:26 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

What are you using as software for the GPS? The GPS CF card that you purchased is working-any problems? There was a thread started several weeks ago about a GPS CF card-but I don't think they ever got it working. Cmonex is right about the battery-the alternative might be to just use an older battery with little charge left-I assume you are removing it from the vehicle after each use?
wildbill
 Top of the page
DeathDeal
DeathDeal Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 9:26 AM
#
The problem with removing the battery is not the fear of hard reset . I just don't like having it out of the device. I'd prefer the device just to switch to power input form battery to external without charging the baterry, then when I remove external source switch back to battery supply. Anyways...
As for software I use Destinator 3.0 european edition for navigation. Navigon mobile navigator european works too but I lack greek maps. Microsoft pocket streets 2001 & 2005 work too. NMEA monitor and GPS Info from pretec, just for position information. Then I got GarmapCE, OziExplorerCE, GPS_LOG WinCE. I guess that's all The GPS card isn't bad, but without the external antenna sucks
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11