x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My First (Useful) eVB Program

abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 6:13 PM
#
Disclaimer: Don't expect much, I've never used VB and you have no idea how long it took me to figure out that a subroutine doesn't return anything, and that a function, when it does return something, uses the function name as the return value. Yeah, I'm that new to VB.

That said, here is my first program. It's simple, all it does is convert integers into hexadecimal. Simple base conversion using built in functions.

I've attached the VB file. If anyone wants the rest, I'd be happy to provide it but it really isn't much....

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 6:25 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Cool!

I have one of these that I wrote which runs through the hpcfactor.com server. Must have taken me an eon to figure it out. So I know exactly what you're going through! Keep up the great work though!!!
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 8:45 PM
#
Hey, what's the newest version of Microsoft eMbedded? I think I have eMbedded Visual Tools v3.0, and it's good for programming in VB and C++ for HPC Pro. Is there one for making HPC200 programs? I can't find any support on this...
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 8:48 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cool, I love those little utilities... and of course dec-to-hex is a really nice thing to do have near at any moment.. by the way, I have two suggestions:
1) Put some labels (what do you expect to receive and what that the output means.. something like "decimal" and "hex" next to each box)
2) Provide Hex-to-Dec conversion.. that's actually pretty easy.... TIP: Hexadecimal numbers are notated in VB by appending the "&H" prefix... that is: if you get Val("&HFF" you'll get 255. Appending strings is done via the & operator like this String2 = "&H" & String1.
lol
[EDIT] 3rd suggestion. Try centering the dialog on the screen
Nice app!!

Edited by ShadowMaster 2006-02-22 8:52 PM
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 8:51 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

CardBoardCrusader - 2006-02-22 8:45 PM

Hey, what's the newest version of Microsoft eMbedded? I think I have eMbedded Visual Tools v3.0, and it's good for programming in VB and C++ for HPC Pro. Is there one for making HPC200 programs? I can't find any support on this...

I make my HPC2K programs with eVC 3.0. I think the lattest is 4.0 but I think that anything more sofisticated that what I'm using now is trash. It also may have support for those CE .NET things.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 9:28 PM
#
Nice to get some feedback! I think I might go ahead and add the features that ShadowMaster asked for. I might try to support floats as well...
 Top of the page
Cyberstorm Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 10:25 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Sweet abyssnight! Nice work, keep on a hackin! Kind of fun as you get going, and it's nice to be able to put something together that you can use, with exactly the features you need!
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 10:28 PM
#
Due to this thread getting replies, and my reluctance to let it die.

Version 2!

Now with Hex->Dec and Dec->Hex plus simple error catching.

(Attached)
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Cool! now you app rulz
Good job for being your first (useful) app
 Top of the page
Cyberstorm Page Icon Posted 2006-02-22 11:19 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Nice work again! Looks like you already have labels, textboxes, combo boxes, and command buttons down - now hurry up and finish the rest so you can get into eVC and teach me! FYI - I changed my avatar to a pic of my MP789 running both the amort chart and your AK Calculator. Hehe, kind of hard to see but...

Edited by Cyberstorm 2006-02-22 11:43 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 4:23 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I guessed right.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 8:28 AM
#
I might try writing the same app but in eVC just for learning purposes this weekend. Shouldn't be too horribly hard, I hope.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 8:32 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

No, it shouldn't be too hard... I'd definitely spend time writing some simpler stuff before that though: the GUI stuff won't be particularly fun and it might put you off
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 10:24 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

Cyberstorm - 2006-02-23 5:19 AM

Nice work again! Looks like you already have labels, textboxes, combo boxes, and command buttons down - now hurry up and finish the rest so you can get into eVC and teach me! FYI - I changed my avatar to a pic of my MP789 running both the amort chart and your AK Calculator. Hehe, kind of hard to see but...

hey, your MP pic is interesting, i mean the colours of the MP, is it just the camera?
 Top of the page
Cyberstorm Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 10:44 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

cmonex - 2006-02-23 9:24 AM

Cyberstorm - 2006-02-23 5:19 AM

hey, your MP pic is interesting, i mean the colours of the MP, is it just the camera?

It's just the basic colors, oh and I do have Gigabar running with the Longhorn gui. The room was dark and I had one of those lamps on a big moveable arm shining down on it for the picture - no flash. I find that if you use a flash with any kind of screen display it washes out the image horribly. I then use a software package called FastStone Image Viewer to resize all my images (freeware and works great!). So it's either my fantastic photography skills (phhhhpt), or, more likely, just the camera.

I just realized you may be asking about the physical body of the MP itself and not the screen! As far as I know it is just the standard colors, but I haven't seen another one to compare it too. My MP is really in great shape other than the outside cover is scratched up. Been contemplating painting it, but that makes me nervous.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 11