x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HPC Addiction: How Much is Enough?

1 2
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 1:31 AM
#
It has come to my attention that in my own life, there are those around me that have commented on my "Addiction" as it were, to HPCs. As much as I appreciate their concern, the real question at hand is, "How Much is Enough?". Please level with me, people. How many think that it's wrong to dream about HPCs? To name your HPCs? To talk to them?(jk lol) To sleep with HPCs? To use them in church, or in a meeting or class instead of paying attention? I'm not afraid to admit it, I think it's perfectly fine.

Basically what I'm asking is, has anyone out there ever been confronted by a loved one(or an enemy) about how much you use your HPCs? What do you say to them? I'm pretty sure SOMEONE other than me encounters this from time to time.

-Roric Savior

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 1:43 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I get lots of comments but the commentor usually becomes suddenly quiet when I use my hpc to do something for them. Do something for the naysayers and they become believers.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 3:27 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Amen.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 7:14 PM
#
I see. I'll keep that in mind.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 7:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CardBoardCrusader - 2006-02-23 7:31 AM

It has come to my attention that in my own life, there are those around me that have commented on my "Addiction" as it were, to HPCs. As much as I appreciate their concern, the real question at hand is, "How Much is Enough?". Please level with me, people. How many think that it's wrong to dream about HPCs? To name your HPCs? To talk to them?(jk lol) To sleep with HPCs? To use them in church, or in a meeting or class instead of paying attention? I'm not afraid to admit it, I think it's perfectly fine.

nope i haven't dreamt much about hpc's... but when i did, it was usually something going wrong with a hpc, sigmarion burned out, J728 and MP 900 dying in some other way (i forgot how)...
no, no, the first dream wasn't bad at all: i had a dream that someone got a 900 (hum, it was black!), and i envied her sooo much. and i somehow got one too in the dream. then maybe still in the same dream, i found out i had a sigmarion III lying somewhere, my mother brought it from japan, but i didn't use it as it wasn't working properly (wasn't dead though). but i took it out and it worked! so i had two very cool ce.net hpc's! 900 and sig3.. it was so sad when i woke up from this dream... must have been may or june last year because soon after this dream i found a MP900 on a local ad site for around 220$ in my currency. of course i bought it ...
i don't sleep with them, lol. never thought of that. i'd kill everything by doing that anyway.
i cannot find a name for any of them.. C:Amie thinks it's outrageous but i've never been able to name anything, not just HPC's. talk to them? maybe.
sure i use them instead of paying attention...

Basically what I'm asking is, has anyone out there ever been confronted by a loved one(or an enemy) about how much you use your HPCs? What do you say to them? I'm pretty sure SOMEONE other than me encounters this from time to time.

yes... there's someone (a friend) who i can easily drive crazy if i show off with my latest hpc... well, well, i think he's just jealous that he doesn't have such cool hpc's hehehe

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-23 7:32 PM
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 8:23 PM
#
A funny story, around Thanksgiving last year I was spending the night at an old friend's house, sleeping on their basement couch. I must've fallen asleep while surfing the net(They had a wireless router), but when I woke up in the morning, my CF card was in my mouth! I don't know if it was a prank by the rest of the guys or what, but it sure was odd waking up to the taste of flash memory!
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 9:34 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Oh, that's a good prank.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 1:12 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hope they inserted the correct end first.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 1:21 AM
#
LOL!
 Top of the page
northerndm Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 11:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

Well, I'm not sure about being an HPC addict but I do find that I'm a techie addict. I see all those wonderful gadgets out there and I want to play with them

However, my wife does not share these same emotions and thus comes the tug of war. Its not that we cannot afford them, but that she would rather not buy stuff. My wife is your social-conscious, anti-cosumerism, and does not understand technology person. Horrors of horrors, she can live without the Internet

So to answer your question about what to say to them, I believe that there is nothing we can say to them. If they get technology, they will understand. If they don't, it's like a sport fan trying to explain to another sport fan why their sport is the best (ie: Hockey rules and is the best sport of the world )

Besides, do you really want them to be involved in your secret desires

Tony (who tries to accomodates his wife's desire for healthy living by actually eating brocolli in front of the children with a smile ... but I need lots of cheese sauce)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 8:14 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You see now this thread troubles me, I have never drempt about H/PC's

It's probably a good thing however, that the admins started a therapy fund for CmoneX. It wont be too long before she tries to open her door and can't through all the H/PC's
Or may be soon she'll start having dreams where by all the H/PC's are piled up and they all fall on top of her?

Either way, you just HAVE to name your Handheld's. It's like naming ships. If you don't, it's unlucky.

Believe it or not, but I very rarely talk with "outsiders" about Handhelds. They never seem, to crop up in conversation.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 5:13 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

lol fund... sure!!!!!! i can get even more hpc's then

nah why does everyone see this vision about the hpc's piled up and falling on top of me? lol. i don't view them like this.

naming... well.. i'll try.

i don't really talk much about pda's to outsiders myself but friends are different, i can't keep the HPC a secret

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-26 5:15 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 5:25 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-02-25 5:14 AM

You see now this thread troubles me, I have never drempt about H/PC's

I have, and I haven't been playing with them as long as you have.

Either way, you just HAVE to name your Handheld's. It's like naming ships. If you don't, it's unlucky.

Particularly for ActiveSync - how else would it know whom you just hooked up?

Believe it or not, but I very rarely talk with "outsiders" about Handhelds. They never seem, to crop up in conversation.

I often do. They get attention when I whip 'em out anyway.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 1:29 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Well, after Calvin and Hobbes and Ren and Stimpy I ran out of interesting names to use. Ya ya, I could use a shot of creativity. At least I'm not using 1,2,3,4.....

People, you others interact with people? *shudder*
Who needs people when you have multiple hpcs?
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 1:39 AM
#
Gee, I even DAYDREAM about HPCs...

Now that I think about it, perhaps our love for HPCs was no accident. Maybe we were meant to unite together on a crusade to show the world what the ultimate PDA form factor is. Perhaps, it is our destiny...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 9