x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Windows Live Mail (beta) works on HPC!

alphacrumb
alphacrumb Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 4:56 PM
#
I signed up a few months ago to be a beta user for Live Mail (Microsoft's successor to Hotmail). I didn't bother checking if it worked or not on my Jornada 820--if getting to my Hotmail was a bit of a hassle on my HPC, why would Live Mail be any different, right?

Then, last night, my cousin and her husband showed up in town and stayed the night on the sofa bed in my den. Having no access to my desktop PC, I plugged my wifi card into my HPC to check my email. I figured it would give me a chance to see if accessing Live Mail required the same song-and-dance needed for Hotmail.

Imagine my surprise when not only could I get access to Live Mail straight away, but that it was FASTER than Hotmail. Alot faster. And it looked almost exactly as it does on my desktop.

Emails open quickly, items can be deleted, nearly everything appears to be fully-fuctional with the exception of Live Mail's drag-and-drop features.

Considering that I still haven't been able to get Gmail to work, I thought some of you CE 2.11'ers out there would want to know.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 5:17 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Where does one get LiveMail beta? I'd be interested in trying it out.
 Top of the page
alphacrumb
alphacrumb Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 5:28 PM
#
You used to be able to sign-up for the beta at www.live.com. I'm not sure, though, if the beta is still open. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Windows Live goes, er, live near to when Vista is released.)

It's not software per se, but an online service like Hotmail. Apparently, there will be a version of Office on Windows Live as well (which I'm pretty sure won't work on HPC Pro, but who knows? I might be pleasantly surprised again.)

EDIT: I'd send you an invite (like you could from Gmail), but Microsoft hasn't gone that route. As it is, I waited about six weeks until Microsoft turned my Hotmail account into a Live Mail one.

Edited by alphacrumb 2006-02-23 5:33 PM
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-02-23 6:50 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

Hotmail Users: Sign Up here for Live Mail
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 1:34 PM
#
You can access the Windows Live Mail Beta for Handheld and Pocket PC by site http://mobile.msn.com\pocketpc
 Top of the page
defn
defn Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 11:40 AM
#
Doesn't work now anymore though
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 1:31 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

What device are you using? OS? Please be more specific...
 Top of the page
defn
defn Page Icon Posted 2006-07-15 9:07 PM
#
I'm using a Jornada 720. The mobile.msn.com/pocketpc appears to be blank and the main hotmail site keeps asking me to upgrade my browserafter i log in. Tried in on both Netfront 3.3 and Internet Explorer... Any solutions?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12