x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Mobilon HC-4500 & Proxim Orinoco Gold

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 3:38 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

David G,
The NSP was designed to circumvent the need for the netupd plus add other fixes

striker,
Thank-you. Again, very much appreciated

Snake,
amen
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 7:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-02-25 6:24 PM

striker - 2006-02-25 6:03 AM

cmonex - this is a "Proxim Orinoco 802.11b PC Card." I think Orinoco & Wavelan are card models, not manufacturers. Do you mean "Agere & Lucent?"

mm yes agere and lucent, sorry, confused them.

but proxim... that 8420 is no good...

Yeah, once Proxim bought out the ORiNOCO line, somehow it wasn't the same card. I'm somewhat surprised at Snake's difficulties with WLAN in CE 2.0; the Agere chipset with the WaveLAN driver seems to work just fine in my experience.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 7:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

Snake - 2006-02-26 5:21 AM
WinCE 2.0 & WiFi networking is a major pain in the butt!! But if you are very, very stubborn it's possible to get it working (after you tear all your hair out when it decides not to cooperate...)

well really...

i agree, CE 2.0 is strange. maybe it's the MIPS. never had a single problem with SH3 (MC16 and 620LX). but MIPS...

to stay ontopic: sharp hc-4100 wouldn't accept my senao wlan that worked in virtually every hpc before that. maybe the batteries... i don't have an ac adapter for it
but then .. i have a compaq 800c (colour) and a 2000c: absolutely the same units, as they both have 20 mb RAM - but the 800c is german my senao kills the screen every time i plug it in, for a sec, then after i give the driver name it again does that to the screen permanently until i pull the card out. happens in both of the compaq's, i thought the 2000c was faulty but no... 800c has the same issue. even when running off AC without battery. no such issue with the dlink dcf660w - it just won't get an IP, no matter if dhcp or static ip - but i tried it only in the 800c and i didnt even install the NSP let alone SP1. it DOES have NSP in its (german) ROM. never saw a CE2 unit with NSP built-in before
another story: both my MP750C's are working with both CE2 prism drivers (tried senao only) but connection is unreliable even after installing every update and fix i didnt try the lucent wavelan in it for long enough, i had to sell it asap. but it did work fine at least for the few mins i was using it. strangely, one of the 750C's is a little more unstable (with wlan and generally too). must have something to do with the hardware issue it occasionally has..
i again repeat: NO issue with SH3 units. (this opinion may change once i receive the phenom ultra (!) and stick a wlan card in it )

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-28 7:47 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 7:52 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Shouldn't be a problem. I've had no problem with my Phenom. (Haven't used a CE 2.0 MIPS device; maybe the processor is the issue.)
 Top of the page
David G Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 11:13 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2006-02-28 6:52 PM

Shouldn't be a problem. I've had no problem with my Phenom. (Haven't used a CE 2.0 MIPS device; maybe the processor is the issue.)

May or may not be the processor's fault. It can certainly be other factors.

My MIPS based z50 (CE 2.11) has very few problems with my network (but boy is it slow on internet access....)

Getting wireless to work on my HC-4600 can, at times, certainly be "pain in the b*tt".

I have found that each of my machines all seem to do better with specific wireless cards (one size doesn't fit all - even when the drivers are available for the specific CE version and processor ).
 Top of the page
striker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 12:44 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

C:Amie - In my CE 2.11 Jornada, my card shows up as "Agere_Systems-Wireless_PC_Card_Model_0111-595B" under HKLM/Devices. What does this mean for me?

David G - Here's my writeup about rebuilding my Mobilon battery: http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3797&posts=1&start=1 Good luck!

I didn't get a chance to hard reset last night, so I'll do it tonight & report my findings. Thanks again everyone!
 Top of the page
striker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 2:02 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I hard reset the device, then installed SP1, NSP, and the 4.04 drivers. Exact same problem. Help!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 3:21 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-03-01 1:52 AM

your phenom is the BW one, i'm getting an ultra, colour one, but CE2.0, unlike the express (ce 2.11, usually this is what you can see on ebay etc, as colour phenom, the ultra is rareeeee )
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 3:23 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

striker, i forgot to ask, was there any pcmcia.dll update for your device?
 Top of the page
striker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 5:28 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Not that I know of. My CF card in a PCMCIA adapter works fine in the PCMCIA slot. I can read/write to the card with no problems. I'm not sure where to look for that update though.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 11:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-03-02 12:21 PM

CE Geek - 2006-03-01 1:52 AM

your phenom is the BW one, i'm getting an ultra, colour one, but CE2.0, unlike the express (ce 2.11, usually this is what you can see on ebay etc, as colour phenom, the ultra is rareeeee )

Cool. Show us pix when you get it; I'd like to see how the color display looks.
 Top of the page
striker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 11:29 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Thanks for the help so far guys, but I'm still stuck. Any other ideas?
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 4:58 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Hi, Striker.

I don't know if this will and it could force a hard reset since your machine is a 4500, but this patch got my 4100 to recognize my Orinoco Gold.

http://csdsupport.sharpsec.com/public/validated/dnld.cfm/4100RomUpdate?id=3461&/.exe

Best of luck,
Jake
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 10