x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 10:33 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Almost any hpc can connect to any site using the remote desktop. Heck, I could connect to the most secure site in the world using remote desktop from my hpc and take a screenshot.

Then, if I was without morals, post that screenshot on Ebay and say my hpc is great for any site that exists. Moral of the story, come here first for advice before you trust what any Ebay vendor says a hpc can do.
 Top of the page
ncchang Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 11:58 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Just for fun
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 6:57 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

And now we know your name is Nathan Chang...cool.
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 10:25 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2006-02-25 8:08 PM

C:Amie - 2006-02-25 1:51 PM

In all likelyhood, you will not be able to access the site if it's not letting you already do so.

what if he didnt install the 128 bit upgrade? it did help me with some sites. (gmail for example)

My question is what machines does this 128 bit upgrade work on. According to the Microsoft site, it was made for Pocket IE 3.0 - and that is HPC Pro.

Does it work with HPC2000 with IE 4.0? Does it work with PocketPC 2000 with its IE?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 3:05 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

SueNY - 2006-03-01 3:40 AM

I think I know the seller he's talking about. I bought my 720 from Ebay too. Do a search for a seller called My1990. He sells upgraded 720's.
I can access and log into Paypal with my 720, don't have AOL so I didn't try. Hope this helps :-)

Sue

and what is the security upgrade he has?
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 3:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex - 2006-03-01 3:05 PM
and what is the security upgrade he has?

I'm not sure..let me check the CD I got with it and get back to you. Everything on the 720 is backed up on it.

Sue
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 3:22 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Here is the link to one of the auctions from the seller I got my Jornada from:

HP Jornada Excellent Condition Upgraded & Customized

and a link to the seller that is showing a Paypal screenshot on the Jornada he is selling:

UPGRADED HP Jornada 720

Hope this helps

Sue
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 4:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey, there's a screenshot of the *MP790 Internal flash* rom contents in that ebay ad. When did HP include a flash rom with NEC programs?

When I see something like that I don't trust any of the ad. The vendor knows nothing (bad) or is intentionally misleading people (fraudulent). Take your pick. I personally wouldn't deal with that vendor. But that's me.

Now , about secure sites. Paypal works fine with the 128 bit addon. I don't think there's been any dissent about that. It's the other sites (AOL) and whatnot that I can't confirm or deny access. I know yahoo required the 128 bit for ce211 to work.

Banks are the pickiest of the lot and there's nothing standard about their access practices. Consider yourself lucky if you can access your bank.

I can access my bank so I don't care much acbout any other sites.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 6:16 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-03-01 10:13 PM

Hey, there's a screenshot of the *MP790 Internal flash* rom contents in that ebay ad. When did HP include a flash rom with NEC programs?

LOL
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 8:32 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I haven't bought anything from this person but I would say they do a great job of promoting HPC's. I like the auction... very attractive.
Certainly much less misleading than your average politician.
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 12:45 PM
#
I installed the schanell.dll file from GSFinder+, but now the PIE doesn't opening any safe page. I don't have no way of communication with my MP770 therefore I do not have serial cable for it... Somebody know as I makes to install the 128-Bit Encryption package????
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 4:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi..
The security update on my 720 is the Handheld PC Pro 128-bit SSL Update. Apparently it works just fine on HP2000.

Sue
 Top of the page
my1990 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-14 11:59 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I am the seller Sue talked about...

I have to agree that I am kind of lazy by using a screenshot from MP790 to show TotalCommander. What is wrong with it? TotalCommander is a great little free program which supports both J720 and MP790...as well as all other ce2.11 handhelds...

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-15 12:36 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Welcome!

Since you signed up here you can't be all that bad

But a buyer may get angry about getting a 720 from you that's missing the internal flash rom. Remember, you may not be selling to the sharpest knives in the drawer. Not directed at you Sue, you seem on the ball with the 720.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-15 2:50 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Seems like you have made good use of HPC:Factor before my1990. Sure would be nice to see a link on there
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 14