x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Pictures: my babies... rrr... CE devices

1 2
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 1:59 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Last night I got the Linksys WCF12 WiFi card working with my new arrival Sig3, so I surfed with it in the living room until the battery started to whine a little. I kindly put it to sleep and gave it something to suck on - the power supply of course.

Then I pulled out the Linksys card and switched over to my year-old Smartbook, which I forgot I had been using to type up my blog when I was at the mall earlier, so the battery in that had also been exhausted. No problem sweetheart I'll just put you beside your little brother and give you something to suck on too.

Refusing to stop my couch potato moment, I took out the big brother, the Casio Cassiopeia E-125. Put the batteries back in, restored a backup, plugged in the same Linksys card, and I was good to go again. Big brother is very well behaved, holding a good charge in the battery even after a few months it was charged and stored. I surfed with it in the living room for another hour or so and it still had 50% charge. Oh how I missed spending time with my first CE baby.

After some quality time it was feeding time for big brother too. So I let it lie on its little brothers, and gave him his old but still very tasty sucker too. Aww, I just had to take a picture of my babies, sleeping in a basket together...

Edited by takwu 2006-02-24 2:02 PM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 2:08 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I oh so want the CE stork to bring me a S3.

edit: Where's J? Foster care? Adopted out? SOLD?

Edited by wallythacker 2006-02-24 2:10 PM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 3:45 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-02-24 8:08 PM
SOLD?

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 3:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK, my babies will follow soon!

edit: i won't post more pics, this is more than enough

note: all pics have some sort of sigmarion on them

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-24 4:06 PM
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 4:13 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

cmonex - 2006-02-24 8:50 PM

OK, my babies will follow soon!

Ok, now WTH is that thing in the second pic (next to the 4-CIG) and that sharp thing to the left of the 3rd pic?

Edited by Wessex_nut 2006-02-24 4:13 PM
 Top of the page
ozone Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 4:34 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Wow... and I thought I had too many devices! ;-)

And yes... what is the device to the right of the Sig in the second picture? Is it a PPC?
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 4:40 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

It is a B Square Power Hand Held (BSquare PHH)..
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 4:45 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Wessex_nut - 2006-02-24 4:13 PM

that sharp thing to the left of the 3rd pic?

That's a sharp zaurus cl-760 linux handheld
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 5:46 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Monica, thats not all your devices, there are 11 in the list!
Here is my lot, 2 laptops and everything but the 890 (in the post!) as that hasn't entered the UK yet!
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 6:25 PM
#
I would get one of the Sig3's, but I don't speak Japanese. Is there a model of Sig3 that's in English? Like, ALL in English?
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 8:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey this thread is supposed to be baby pictures. You know, they're usually sleeping or at least sleepy. Mine were all getting fed too. Even cuddling. The general idea is to capture their cutest moments

It's not another "entire family" portrait, where everyone pretends to be smiling and wide awake, and the grown ups trying to show off.

wally,
J has all grown up and found himself a new home. We'll miss him, but he's got his own life now
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 8:49 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ozone - 2006-02-24 10:34 PM

Wow... and I thought I had too many devices! ;-)

And yes... what is the device to the right of the Sig in the second picture? Is it a PPC?

LOL ppc? you're offending me

it's a hpc phone

CardBoardCrusader - 2006-02-25 12:25 AM

I would get one of the Sig3's, but I don't speak Japanese. Is there a model of Sig3 that's in English? Like, ALL in English?

sig3 is 95% english. go for it!

takwu - 2006-02-25 2:45 AM

Hey this thread is supposed to be baby pictures. You know, they're usually sleeping or at least sleepy. Mine were all getting fed too. Even cuddling. The general idea is to capture their cutest moments

It's not another "entire family" portrait, where everyone pretends to be smiling and wide awake, and the grown ups trying to show off.

lol well at least the sig2 was sleeping on the pics and the zaurus was falling asleep (still trying to hold itself)

which one would be a grown up?

Wessex_nut - 2006-02-24 11:46 PM

Monica, thats not all your devices, there are 11 in the list!

i have more than 11 and gave up trying to get a photo of all of them at the same moment

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-24 8:56 PM
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 9:42 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex
How do the Sig 3's compare to the J720 & J728? I had never seen one until the lovely baby pictures appeared. I found a web-site that shows how to convert the Sig 3 to as much English as possible-which I'm sure you have already done. My J728 hasn't even arrived yet (in transit) and I'm drooling over these Sig 3's, like Wally. Has anyone done a review of them in English? I tried to find one on Ebay-there aren't any. I do have a niece living in Japan for 9 months of every year-I'm sure I could get her to buy one for me and bring it with her in August-maybe Wally might be interested as well to save duty and shipping costs. Is CE-Net 4.0 that much better than HPC 2000? What about word processing, excel etc. outlook? Are they available on Sig 3's or is it all in Japanese? Maybe this should be under a Sig 3 thread rather than under 'baby pictures'.
Thank-you for your anticipated reply.
wildbill
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 9:48 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

The Sig 3 doe snot have the Pocket Office suite, it only has the viewers..
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 11:04 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

tenjeangosi - 2006-02-25 3:48 AM

The Sig 3 doe snot have the Pocket Office suite, it only has the viewers..

common misconcept.

in my exp, cenet is better at the office suite than hpc2000 was. you still have pocketword and usually an excel editor too, and in addition to that, doc (can show pics and tables too), xls, powerpoint, pdf, image viewers out of the box. only thing missing is pocket access...

btw sig3 doesnt have even the standard cenet viewers but they can be installed. and it can still show the stuff with picselbrowser out of the box..

wildbill - 2006-02-25 3:42 AM

cmonex
How do the Sig 3's compare to the J720 & J728? I had never seen one until the lovely baby pictures appeared. I found a web-site that shows how to convert the Sig 3 to as much English as possible-which I'm sure you have already done. My J728 hasn't even arrived yet (in transit) and I'm drooling over these Sig 3's, like Wally. Has anyone done a review of them in English? I tried to find one on Ebay-there aren't any. I do have a niece living in Japan for 9 months of every year-I'm sure I could get her to buy one for me and bring it with her in August-maybe Wally might be interested as well to save duty and shipping costs. Is CE-Net 4.0 that much better than HPC 2000? What about word processing, excel etc. outlook? Are they available on Sig 3's or is it all in Japanese? Maybe this should be under a Sig 3 thread rather than under 'baby pictures'.
Thank-you for your anticipated reply.
wildbill

well, yeah start a new thread on this
btw i'd like a spare sigmarion 3 in the summer i just need a spare, my sig3 is so nice and rare and i'm afraid what could happen to it.
it runs 4.1, not 4.0, and it is better IMO (personal opinion) than hpc2000. can be converted 95% english or so.. office i already told my opinion about. PIM is difficult, but you have several options apart from the default one if you want to sync with AS. i'm not a big PIM user though. CEAgenda runs just fine as an example.

Edited by cmonex 2006-02-24 11:06 PM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 12