x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Clik Driver

[Frozen]
Frozen
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 7:55 PM
#
Okay, either I'm going nuts or it's really not there. I am looking for the NEC USB Clik driver. I am aware of an Iomega Clik! driver, but is it the same? If not, where do I go in the HCL to get the NEC one? I can't find it and all of the threads have since gone dormant.

If anyone has any idea where it is, or if they could slap me around and show me the way, that'd be great!

[This may end up on my MP page whenever I get around to making it.]
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 8:57 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

It is the same. You're just talking about the specific version that works in NEC 8xx H/PCs.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 10:21 PM
#
I tried the Iomega ones from the HCL and had no such luck. I tried to find the DLL and just couldn't find it. You don't happen to know what it's called do you?
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-24 10:32 PM
#
Using this link I was able to get everything working correctly, regardless of the Japanese text.

http://search.casnavi.nec.co.jp/download/pc/module/peripheral/clik!usb/wince/cl_m4112.cab
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 11:47 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

CE Geek - 2006-02-25 8:57 AM

It is the same. You're just talking about the specific version that works in NEC 8xx H/PCs.

no, definitely not. Iomega clik driver is older and meant for clik disc reader in pc card format. the NEC driver seems 2 be owned by the JP giant, unlike the Iomega clik driver.

the two are entirely different.
 Top of the page
abyssknight
abyssknight Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 12:41 PM
#
The japanese clik driver allows for you to tell it to use storage card #'s or drive letters. Overall, a very good utility, and very good driver. I used my 512mb Swiss USB Memory with it last night without a hitch because the CF card reader was on the fritz on my desktop.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-02-25 1:22 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

iamjoe - 2006-02-25 8:47 AM

CE Geek - 2006-02-25 8:57 AM

no, definitely not. Iomega clik driver is older and meant for clik disc reader in pc card format. the NEC driver seems 2 be owned by the JP giant, unlike the Iomega clik driver.

the two are entirely different.

You're right. I keep forgetting about the PC card driver. (Open mouth, insert foot.)
 Top of the page
mjeter Page Icon Posted 2008-11-08 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I installed the driver cab file and did a soft reset, every time I insert usb drive I get the popup window asking for the driver name. Any idea which name should be typed in?

Thanks,
Mike
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2008-11-08 1:15 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thread locked

usbclik.dll

Please do not dredge up threads older than a few months on this forum, it's in the forum rules.
 Top of the page
Frozen
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.234 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 13