x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Is this a good price? And can anyone match it?

1 2
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 5:32 PM
#
I've been offered a J720 for 150GBP (approx 260USD). Is that a good offer? Comes with cradle and leads, and has a good screen.

One thing i need to know - how are the J720's at playing video? Any good?

Should I get it or can someone offer the same cheaper?

Edited by chazco 2006-02-26 5:32 PM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 5:48 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Video isn't going to be great on the J-720. At least, I never found it so. I can watch a minute of my daughter bouncing around, but that's only because I already know what she looks like

As for $260, I would call that moderate to high in the States, but things cost more in England, obviously. The real question is, does the darn thing work. If the screen is unscratched, the machine undropped, hinges in good shape, then I don't think that's an outrageous price. Quality over price at the end.

Jake
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 2:30 AM
#
Well, most cost around 150-190 in the UK, so the price isnt to high considering. The Jornada seems to be in good condition. The screen is scratchless and the device itself seems in a good condition (and it does work). I'll think about it.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 11:31 AM
#
:VERY HAPPY SMILEY:

I just got this instead:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5873122880

According to the eBay log mine went through about 2 seconds ahead of someone else. Not bad package either really, what do you think?

Edited by chazco 2006-02-27 11:37 AM
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 12:16 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Price is a little high-but I've bought alot of parts for my J680 from England. I have been pricing the 720's for months now and have bought 2 on Ebay-1 for $139.00 US. This one is in perfect shape and a great price. I got lucky with this one. It was obviously well kept and rarely used. I did win "all" the parts necessary for a complete J720 and then had the seller assemble the parts for me into a fully functional unit. It wasn't easy bidding and winning all the necessary parts-got lucky with some 2nd chance offers on the motherboard and the screen. It is in great shape and fully functional and I paid about $110.00 GBP for the parts and assembly. J720's in England are generally more expensive than in the US-but often US sellers won't ship worldwide anyway-so you don't have much choice.
As already advised-it all depends on the amount of usage and condition of the J720.

wildbill
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 12:46 PM
#
99GBP is actually quite a good price (10GBP p&p), especially since it comes with cradle, wifi card, all leads and a spare battery. The seller mailed me pictures of the device and the screen is in good condition with nothing but the usual small scratchs on the "Jornada" label. The price for this on ebay generally seems to be 110-150 (GBP). This had only just appeared on eBay (2 minutes into auction) but would have gone very quickly by the look of it.
 Top of the page
Ceya Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 12:51 PM
#
H/PC Elite

yes it is a good price. We cannot compare or use EBAY price to dictate what vaule a product has in the market. It is an auction .

Craigslist or forums like these are a good gauge because it is what WE (the users) think the product is worth use or new (depending what comes with it).

S/F,
CEYA!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 1:12 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wildbill, you didnt check out that link... chazco got another one for 99 GBP. wlan, cf, spare battery. hehe, it was a good deal. even in my country!!!

chazco, where can you see the ebay log??
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 1:16 PM
#
One of my friends is a, well i suppose you could call it a moderator as part of his ebay job, and they can view some of the eBay logs. They ought to make then publically viewable, i bet they're interesting. Not a bad deal at all, approx 130USD for all that, and i've wanted one for quite some time.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 1:18 PM
#
yes it is a good price. We cannot compare or use EBAY price to dictate what vaule a product has in the market. It is an auction .

But since eBay is one of the only places (and hpcfactor) where you can get a 720 in the UK its a pretty good estimate.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 3:20 PM
#

But since eBay is one of the only places (and hpcfactor) where you can get a 720 in the UK its a pretty good estimate.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 5:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

99.00 GBP would appear to be a really good deal-especially with everything included and of course, depending on the condition of the unit.
I actually stopped pricing the J720's just after Christmas. I think the prices have dropped for J720's significantly in 2006-both in the US and Britain. After my 5 year old J690 died in November 2005-I started looking for a replacement (not one but enough parts so I wouldn't be without my trusty CE device). I know that in November 2005 I bid-and thank goodness I lost-on a J720 in my own country which sold for $280.00 US. A week later I bought my first J720 for $139.00 US which had obviously been rarely used-then bought a 2nd one-parts fully assembled for a backup to my good J720.
In early January a great package on Ebay for a J728 went for over $500.00 GBP and from the same Seller a package with a mint J720 went for over $200.00 GBP.
After I got my 2nd J720 I stopped pricing the 720's completely-as I discovered the J728's. Other than the J728 mentioned above-they were rarely listed in Britain. There were no 728's listed in Nov or Dec 2005 in the US either. SInce the new year-more J728's have appeared on the market-as well there are many more J720's listed for sale.
Last week the same seller who sold me my 'just arrived mint J728' for $316.00 US had a J720 advertised as mint at a starting bid of $160.00 US and didn't receive a single bid. Right now there seem to be a substantial no. of J720's for sale. Supply, demand-seller feedback dictates the price on Ebay-that is likely why the seller of the J728's in Singapore who had 30 (26 now) started at $350 US and sold none-now says he only has 5 for sale at $325.00. Last week a seller in US gets $560.00 US for a J728 in "mint" condition. I'll match the J728 I bought 6 days ago for $316.00 US against any other "mint" unit out there-its absolutely perfect-still had the plastic cover on case-but I didn't get the dock-have 3 of them & didn't get a case.
In any event 99 GBP sounds like a great price for a J720-certainly better than the deal I got bidding on the assembled individual parts-cie la vie!-I guess I should have waited for the prices to drop in 2006!

Ebay is no doubt an auction-but more and more people are using it as a reference for market value-why pay more if the same or similar item can be purchased on Ebay for a lower price. Of course, the problem is comparing apples and apples-'same and similar items and accessories'-a comparison just based on price is like comparing apples with oranges!

All the best!
wildbill
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 7:54 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wrong. there were j728's in december too and the singapore seller did sell a few j728's other than that, i agree.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 9:10 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex:

You are right as usual-and as always-there were no J728's in November-December 2005-because I wasn't really looking for them until late December when one of my favourite Ebay Sellers listed a 'Christmas Special' I was still trying to fix my J690. In fact, I didn't even know there were J720's until I started checking the Internet for a replacement-in early November-at that point in time I was perfectly happy with my J690. Once my J720 arrived-I couldn't believe the difference between the J690 and the J720. Then I saw Rocketman's sale of 728 update daughterboards and bought 1 & then a 2nd (as backup)-he referred me to this great site-which has made my HPC life incredibly easier. It was only after my 2nd J720 arrived-in the middle of January-from England that I decided I wanted a true blue and greyish J728 and really lucked out on the one I got. Thanks again for your help-it took me only 30 minutes to backup my J720 to the storage card & then transfer to the J728 the programs that I got working because of your hard work & efforts-everything is synced & works perfectly. You, Amie, Snappy, Wally, Rocketman & too many others to mention are incredible-you people have probably forgotten more than most of us will ever know!
Thanks again to everyone! I am now finished buying Jornada's-I may buy a Sig 3.
All the best!
wildbill

P.S. As a "trade" for all the knowledge I have gleaned from this site-which was so generously given for free-see my FF-"For Free" listing of Jornada 680, 690 & 720 parts for any user that can really find some use for them and wants to pay the shipping cost.
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 2:49 AM
#
This may seem a trivial question, but is the speaker on the 720 any better than the "speaker" on the 680?
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10