x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sharp Telios & Movies

tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 10:33 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I may be able to get my hands on a Sharp Telios. But it seems information about the Telios is lacking (unless I am searching in the wrong place. ). Any pointers to a comprehensive website?

I'm interested because of the TFT screen so that I can watch movies on it. And I was wondering if the TCPMP works on Telios? Since my S3 has "died", watching movies on the J720 while travelling has not been quite the experience. I want something that wont cost an arm and a leg...

Any suggestions on its performance?

Edited by tech_girl 2006-02-26 10:38 PM
 Top of the page
tech_girl Page Icon Posted 2006-02-26 11:58 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Oops I think this should go into HPC Pro section! Can the moderator move this over? Thanks!
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 2:35 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

tech_girl - 2006-02-27 10:33 AM

I may be able to get my hands on a Sharp Telios. But it seems information about the Telios is lacking (unless I am searching in the wrong place. ). Any pointers to a comprehensive website?

I'm interested because of the TFT screen so that I can watch movies on it. And I was wondering if the TCPMP works on Telios? Since my S3 has "died", watching movies on the J720 while travelling has not been quite the experience. I want something that wont cost an arm and a leg...

Any suggestions on its performance?

in need, not much infoz in English on Telios HPCs, except Intermec 6651 (HC-vj2c in JP) coz all telios are unavailable outside JP

I have 3 (if not 4) Telios HPCs. They are really great. excellent TFT screen, very very fast. HC-aj1, an HPC pro in the same age as MP 880, is much much faster than the latter.

for details, check out my review on HC-aj1 here. Grab one if u have a chance. surely no regrets.

http://www.rothberger.net/pages/reviews/zx_hcaj1_english.shtml

but Telios is not meant for playing movies. as TCPMP is heavily optimized for ARM and ARM only, Telios can not do a good job in movies.

telios is fast, but still not fast enough 2 play moviez. what is more, there is no dummy gx.dll support for all Telios, making the situation even worse.

HP 720 and most of NEC's HPCs are supported by dummy gx.dll and this boost their performances in movies and emulator games.

in a sense, telios nice tft screen is wasted. but it still delivers in viewing pics. very fast

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 5:01 PM
#
H/PC Elder

There may be gx.dll support for all mips hpcs.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3773&posts=1

I hope someone here takes up the challenge to find the right ini file values.
 Top of the page
iamjoe Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 4:04 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

wallythacker - 2006-02-28 5:01 AM

There may be gx.dll support for all mips hpcs.

http://www.hpcfactor.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=3773&posts=1

I hope someone here takes up the challenge to find the right ini file values.

certainly not all.

as i live near Jp, i am usually much more updated on JP stuff than most European or American pals. the Usb clik driver that I spread on many forums, seemingly for the first time, is a case in point.

Many ppl even did not know the existence of such a usb driver in the past few years. they took for granted that the usb port on many NEC or Fujitsu HPCs are only limited to usb mice or keyboards, even on the pricey nec 900c.

the dummy gx.dll and its ini settings are very machine dependent.

in short, there have already been "official" dummy gx.dll support for most NEC HPCs about 2-3 years ago. NEC 730/730f is the JP model of MP880. just read the zip file for the dummy gx. Even IBM z50 are supported.

I knew for sure that Betaplayer did support it about one year ago.

for telios, things are much more complicated. The Toshiba CPU powering 6651 have internal video memory and its framebuffer add is very tricky. simply editing the add and color pitch does not work out.

Picard (TCPMP's author) posted 6651's framebuffer add about 18 months ago. still no go for working dummy gx.dll for telios
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 10