x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Anyone into Skweezer?

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 12:04 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I just signed up for a free Skweezer account. I won't be able to try it out yet as my laptop is busy using my internet connection for downloads.

I'm wondering if at long last this Skweezer will be the end to Hotmail, Gmail and other browser problems on handhelds - especially the older handhelds.

Anyone using it now???

Here is the link -

Skweezer sign up
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 6:15 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

it works, I haven't tried it a whole lot.
Page formatting is very problematic, different parts of the page run into each other.
It's doable though, a bit more time with the various options and I might find a happy medium.
The alternative seems to be to telnet into a unix shell account and use lynx from there. Lynx is a pretty good text only browser. visit freeshell.org to get a free account. One of the forum members is using mocha telnet client which you will need (or similar). freeshell apparently can be used to access some web mail clients. I don't know enough yet myself.

Edited by jpfx 2006-02-27 6:16 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 2:45 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

There is also a rival Google version of Skweezer:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/news/?iid=457
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 7:38 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

On my 720, I can't get to http://www.google.com/gwt/n.
Can anyone? I assume no support for xhtml is the problem but I couldn't find a straight answer searching the forums about it.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 9