x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

adobe reader transfers

kenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 3:26 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I recently got my hands on a jornada 720. I want to use it to read my e-books from college away from my computer (they are secure digital editions). I dl'd reader 2.0 form here installed and authorized it. no problem! it works great. the problem comes when I use adobe on my desktop to transfer the books over. It will only transfer to \My Documents\My Digital Editions. I want it to go to \Storage Card\My Documents\My Digital editions. Is there any way to redirect from one to the other? (either through the jornada or through adobe 7.0) I just don't have the room on the 720 itself to hold the book. I've tried searching the forum for this, but either it's never come up before or I just am not using the right keywords.

Thanks in advance
Ken
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 8:54 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Is it something you can move to a CF Card after the transfer or do you not have enough storage space on your 720 to perform actual transfer from your desktop?
 Top of the page
kenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 9:46 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

I can do that with smaller ones but some of these are kinda big and won't fit at all. I can't just put them on the card straight from the computer because of the DRM I have to send it to the 720 through reader on my PC.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 9:36 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Just a hunch... I think you should first create a folder named "My Documents" in your memory card. Hopefully after that the transfer program can find that folder.
 Top of the page
kenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 8:11 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

That was the first thing I tried. Unfortunately it was a no go. Adobe says it is transfering it to "\My documents\..etc" and there is no option to change the destination.(kinda dumb if you ask me, most proggies give you an option as to where to save something)
 Top of the page
val48 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 12:04 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hey everybody! Im a newbie here and I need big time help--first can you give me the download to the adobe reader you have--the ones I've keep downloading gets a this application is not for this machine--I too have a 720--also would anybody no what webcam goes with this--(right now I have a usb webcam) and cant figure out how to plug this up--- and where can I find a text to speech or screen reader that works with the 720 better a screen reader. Oh one more thing when using a Wifi-CF card--when using this card how much battery time do you have---and what card would you recommend??? Thanks!!!!
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 2:23 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

val48 - 2006-03-01 12:04 PM

Hey everybody! Im a newbie here and I need big time help--first can you give me the download to the adobe reader you have--the ones I've keep downloading gets a this application is not for this machine--I too have a 720--also would anybody no what webcam goes with this--(right now I have a usb webcam) and cant figure out how to plug this up--- and where can I find a text to speech or screen reader that works with the 720 better a screen reader. Oh one more thing when using a Wifi-CF card--when using this card how much battery time do you have---and what card would you recommend??? Thanks!!!!

You are kidding, right

Look at the top of this website and you will see the word 'downloads'
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 6:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

val48 - 2006-03-01 6:04 PM

well, battery life with wifi is 5 hrs with the standard 1500 mAh battery
 Top of the page
kenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 8:05 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

val48 - 2006-03-01 12:04 PM

I've found a couple that work, but the one from here (click downloads above) is the best in that it shows as an installed program. Which is omportant if you want to authorize it to read digtally secured pdfs. I don't know much about web cams for the 720, but I'm sure there's no usb port. I believe I've seen a cam that uses the PCMCI slot tho.

Anyone got an idea about a way around this My DOc's thing?
 Top of the page
val48 Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 7:35 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hi all and thanks for responding on all issues---first the adobe readers 1.0 and 2.0 will only install to my XP computer--then when activesynx takes over it will tell me on both occassions that the application is not for this device--whats going wrong???? Ive found also a adobe reader for sh3--no go!! I would really like to have this- iwork quite a bite with pdf files--please any suggestions???

Thanks again!!
val
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 8:40 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey just download this if you have a jornada 720: http://infinite.atw.hu/acro20.zip
 Top of the page
kenbo Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 9:49 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

val48 - 2006-03-06 7:35 PM

Hi all and thanks for responding on all issues---first the adobe readers 1.0 and 2.0 will only install to my XP computer--then when activesynx takes over it will tell me on both occassions that the application is not for this device--whats going wrong???? Ive found also a adobe reader for sh3--no go!! I would really like to have this- iwork quite a bite with pdf files--please any suggestions???

Thanks again!!
val

The reader that you can dl here is a cab file. Just copy that file over and then run it (double tap it) on your jornada. It will install itself. You shouldn't have to install it on your pc at all.

Edited by kenbo 2006-03-07 9:49 AM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 6:09 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

val48 - 2006-03-06 4:35 PM
Ive found also a adobe reader for sh3

Care to share the link? Is it H/PC Pro compatible, or just H/PC 2000?
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 12