x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Method for putting in multiple dates into calendar

alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 7:41 AM
#
Hi everyone,

I don't know whether anyone has asked this before. I was wondering whether theres anyway for us to upload a set of dates into Calendar through a csv file or something like that.

Not too long ago, HPC Factor released the Holiday Dates update for CEAgenda. Could something similar be done for Calendar? Or if I was forced to use CEAgenda, how do I go about doing something similar?

The reason why I ask is that I've got to keep track of over 800 expiry dates for my work and I want to find an easy way to just key this stuff in. To fill in 800 dates manually is more than I care to consider...

Thanks!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:30 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Ok I don't get the reason... So you have 800 expiry dates, in what format? A spreadsheet? It is important because if you have to end up creating those calendar files manually in the first place... might as well create them in Outlook or the HPC itself directly.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 11:01 PM
#
The 800 expiry dates was created on a spread sheet by the guy I'm replacing. The dates are the expiry dates for Certficates of Fitness for pressure vessels that is under my care. Furthermore, there are also dates relating to activities surrounding these equipment that is generated by a database. If I could load it up using a spreadsheet into Outlook, I could just copy and paste it from the source spreadsheet into a newer spreadsheet which would be then uploaded. I can't use outlook on my workstation because the Jornada is not considered secure enough for a connection to my workstation.
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 2:46 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hmm, in that case there could be some way of transfering data from this spreadsheet into Outlook, so you don't have to re-enter it. However this is beyond my Office experience. I don't even have Outlook installed, so I cannot try it either.

I would recommend you follow that direction though. Try to find an Outlook usage support group and ask something like "how to import large amounts of dated reminders from a spreadsheet". Good luck
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 8:40 AM
#
I think it would be relatively easy to do it on my desktop outlook, but got no idea how to do it in pocket outlook... thanks anyway
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 8:57 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Once you get it in your desktop Outlook you can sync it with your HPC. If you are not allowed to sync with the PC at work, do it at home.
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 10:45 PM
#
Wouldnt work that way.. my outlook at the office can't export the dates out as well. And the Jornada is a non secure device... if only they had written the driver for the Smartcard slot!!! I have for the time being, resorted to keying in the dates one by one...
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 3:05 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Can you take the spreadsheet home?
 Top of the page
alfabob
alfabob Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 4:02 AM
#
That I can do... and which I plan to do to get this sorted.. *sigh*
 Top of the page
Jump to forum: