x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 9:09 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

FF (For Free):

The following items are available to Jornada 690, 690 & 720 users that need them the most and are willing to pay shipping costs from Canada-"gifts"-no value for customs, vat tax purposes. I have received sufficient "trade" value from the use of this web-site over the past few months and since I do not have the abundant knowledge that most of the people do who contribute so "freely" & "generously" their knowledge-this is the least I can do in the "spirit" of the users of this website!

Anyway all the best!
wildbill

Memory:

J680-standard 16 meg ram module
J690-extra 16meg ram daughterboard for J680
J720- 1 regular 32meg ram module
J720- 1 regular 32meg ram module

Modem- 1 brand new 680-690 modem
1 680-690 modem with the wires-need to be resoddered.

Case:1 J680-690 case (new)

1 used PCMCIA holder for 680-690 with the silly grey holding bar intact (preferably for someone who has lost the grey bar)
1 new PCMCIA holder for 680-690 with the silly grey holding bar intact (preferably for someone who has lost the grey bar)

Screen:
1 J680-690 screen-working and detached-marked slightly after years of handwriting recognition usage-but may be of some need for someone.

Key-Board:
1 J680-690 keyboard (could be used for a non-functioning J720-728-keys slightly different and not coloured as on the 720-728

Motherboards:
2 J680-690 mainboards which I'm not sure the one works properly-but may be of some use as parts. The other one is new-but the clips to hold the screen wires snapped off-may be of use to someone.

Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Hi Bill,

I not trying to be greedy but I'll take everything off your hands. I live close to you so it can't cost me too much for expresspost shipping
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:38 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I really need a 680 a J key off a keyboard so if I could please please!..... The J is B/C I have 2 F's Don't know what shipping would be. Crud in the haste in grabbing the Jornada to check to make sure it was the J and not the F my stylus flew off and I can't find it.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:41 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks Wally (Roy):

I guess I want to wait a few days to see if there are some other users that are in a more dire need for some of these parts-ie. the PCMCIA holders with the grey bars-I know how irritating that is taping the bottom shut. I'm certainly not adverse to giving it all to you-and it certainly would make shipping easier on me-based on your emails-you must be 50 miles north of Toronto-I just want to see if someone-for example-who maybe has only 1 machine could use some of these parts ie. a J680 user who could really use the extra memory. Please advise what you are in most need of-for backup purposes etc and I'll set it aside for you.

All the best!
wildbill (Bill)
 Top of the page
northerndm Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 10:50 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Now this is what I love about the HPC crowd

This reminds of when I first found the HPC boards. I was looking for a stylus for my MP780 and asked on the board if someone had one to sell. I forget who it was, but they sent me one in the mail, for free

Anyway, I hope you are able to help many a user.

Tony (who thinks maybe I better donate blood since I have no spare HPC parts)
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 11:25 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Aw man I did not even see the "J690-extra 16meg ram daughterboard for J680" I would really love that also!!! I live in TX Zip 78628 that would revive my 680 in so many ways you would not believe!
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-02-27 11:45 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

How nice of you!!
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 12:12 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Always good to see this kind of generosity in the HPC community, esp. HPCFactor
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 2:23 AM
#
I could use the extra 16mb of RAM for a J680, would help with JLime project. How much would it cost to post to UK? Thanks in advance...

Edited by chazco 2006-02-28 2:25 AM
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 10:54 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Are some of your keys just missing-which ones-is the keyboard working otherwise?
WallyThacker has a friend that is either missing keys as well or the keyboard is bad-we live close enough that we could possibly swap keyboards & then send you your missing keys and his friend would get a new keyboard.

Have had another request for the extra 680-690 ram to help out with the Jlime project-trying to help as many people as possible that may need these parts-going to wait a few days to see who needs what. As to who gets what-I would prefer to give the parts to whomever needs them the most-especially if the 680-690 is their only machine.
wildbill

P.S. Wally (Roy) I will set aside one of the 32 meg J720 modules for you to replace your bad ram as requested. What is wrong with the J680 you got for your father-any ideas?
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 11:03 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

You are just going to have to put names in a hat and pull them out one at a time and send one item to each person until it is all gone, continuting to rotate the names in the order you pulled them. I know how it is with kids...I bring in mixed candy or snacks, and unless you have a strategy for disbursement,...the kids all want everything at the same time.

Rich

Edited by Rich Hawley 2006-02-28 11:03 AM
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 1:39 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
It's a remarkable offer.

Well done,
Jake
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 2:57 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'd love a modem if possible, the 16mb ram module would be another thing I'd like (although, my efficency really means I don't need it). Still up for offer is it?
I might throw in a bit extra for your troubles.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 2:59 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Kudos, looks liek Santa's come 10 months early for someone.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 3:07 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Amie:

Its really you, cmonex, Snappy and too many others to mention that should be thanked-I'm only returning your generosity and your efforts in running such a great web-site for all of us on a daily basis.

All the best!
wildbill
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11