x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 3:30 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie

You're most welcome. Your generosity is heartening. I hope that people will feedback with details of their successes using the parts.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 3:55 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Wessex_nut:

I have 2 modems-one with the wires attached and 1 without. The one is brand new-the other worked fine until I accidently pulled the wires off the modem board-I know you can solder-I may likely send you both and if you know of someone in England that needs a new modem for the 680-690 you can solder the wires back on and pass it on. I have the schematics for the wires-only two-but based on your posts-I don't think that you need the instructions.
The extra ram has been requested by 4 people as of now-haven't decided how I'm going to handle it. Just waiting a few days to see who really can use these parts and spread it around as best I can.

All the best!
wildbill
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 5:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wow so nice & generous offer.

i'm not in dire need of anything..

well maybe one interesting piece: the j720 ram means the whole daughterboard, doesn't it? oh and it's ABA, isn't it. well if one of them doesn't find a place somewhere else, i'd still take it a dead j720 here with dead rom/ram may need one. (got it as parts machine but it would be nice to revive it.)

j690 ram: i see that one has found a better place than my j680 it is important to keep jlime going! (mmm where's that windows installer?!)

ok thats all i can say now really at a loss for words seeing this nice offer
 Top of the page
Yoldering Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 5:36 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

I need a J key, and I would LOVE for you to give the KB to him, and send me the "J" key. I also agree that Jlime is way more important to keep going. This is really very nice of you. I have been looking for the J key for months.
Thanks a lot.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 6:11 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Yoldering:

I will get you a J key and get it to you by mail-I'll pay the mail cost to Texas-its probably only $.75. Thanks for your comments re: the extra Ram for JLime project. I was leaning that way as well. I'll get your address in a few days.
All the best!
wildbill
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 6:19 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

cmonex:
I have noted your request for the J720 ram. Wallythacker (Roy) has requested the other J720 ram as his is not working properly. Thanks again for all your help!
wildbill
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 10:48 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Chazco, Wessex_nut, cmonex,yoldering,wallythacker:

Okay-the J680-690 and J720 parts will go as follows & thanks for you help in making the decision as to needs easier for me.
Please send a mailing address to me at your earliest convenience and I will find out the cheapest and quickest way to get these parts to you. Wallythacker (Ron) and I live fairly close so we'll work that out between us.

Chazco-gets extra 680-690 ram for the Jlime project-still have original install instructions and packing.
Wessex_nut-gets the 2 modems
Yoldering needs an "F" key-I will work that out with Yoldering and Wallythacker-friend of wallythacker needs keyboard or keys as well-my keyboard has all the keys and works fine. I need address in Texas to send the F key from Yoldering.
cmonex-gets one (1) of the J720 32 meg memory modules that came out when I installed the 64 meg daughter-boards from Rocketman.
wallythacker-gets the other (1) J720 ram module as requested-plus the remaining 680-690 parts so he can possibly fix his fathers J680 that he bought at a flea market.

All the best!
wildbill
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 1:06 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Whooah, whooah, whooah!! I only need one to go in my 680e, if it is easy to solder on, then thats fine by me!
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 1:53 PM
#
I'll pm you my address in a bit - any idea of how much it will cost since i'm in the UK? If its light it shouldnt be that much...
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 11:42 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Nevermind :-)

Edited by Pete P. 2006-03-01 11:44 PM
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

wildbill - 2006-03-01 3:48 PM
Chazco-gets extra 680-690 ram for the Jlime project-still have original install instructions and packing.

Hi Wildbill, the modems came this morning in the form of probably our local Royal Mail postie, in a bike (probably with a lot of water, since it was that wet today, oh and quite foggy, has been v. wet for the last 2 days!).

Anyway, I got the 3 items you agreed to send me (I am posting it here for Chazcos benefit too), I already got stuck in and soldered the modem wires together and if you dismantaled it right, the modem connector goes "pop" out of the case, I found that with the blanking plate! So far, Jodie is in bits (the 680e) that needs a connector, that shouldn't be too hard to find I hope. Anyway, I may put the crap modem in, I had to be careful not to melt the plastic as well, which I achieved in a small incomspiocus patch. The next step is to hotglue the cables in place, something which I thought of AFTER I packed the modem into its ASDB, then found one wire needs resoldering (Again!) .
The joys of soldering! If that doesn't work, I know my dad can help!

Anyway, may you forward Chazcos address so I can send him the modfied RAM? It is almost packed up and R2G, I just got to find another jiffy bag and a "With Compliments" slip.

As for Jodie? Shes in bits, hopefully, not for long.

Anyway, while on the subject and electronics, my 890 finally showed up today, its now becoming a FedEx unit, as FedEx delivered Heidi (she is now called) TWICE! I'll post more about it in pocket PC mag forums later.
Changing subjects again, my father had to go upto Acton Town today, as part of his new job, only to be horrified at the way London underground is ran! Nothing in terms of working conditions is even remotely safe!. Hows 600v (traction power) bus bars/bare cables, with 100v cables and I think there is a 200v cable too, all dc, all bare, all in a narrow passageway....? That is.... VERY unsafe.
Oh, add to that, it is all LIVE, there are fuses too and they are BARE too! So, if you have to change the fuse, you have to change it LIVE!
London Underground, shame on you, you could of atleast introduced covered cables!

Edited by Wessex_nut 2006-03-08 4:53 PM
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 5:03 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

chazco never did send me his address for the Ram-but he knows you were going to forward it on him when it arrived and hopefully he'll reply to you-now that it has arrived in the UK. Sorry about the soldering-but I've heard that you are the master of invention. Hope you get use out of the modem-even the dsassembled one worked fine until the wires came off. Surprisingly, the package to Cmonex in Budapest arrived yesterday-3 and 1/2 days from posting. Wallythacker got his package today-posted Friday-took 3 days. I haven't heard from yoldering in Texas-as to his "J" key.
All the best and thanks again for completing the delivery-it is appreciated!
wildbill
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 5:20 PM
#
I did PM my address - didnt it go through? I'll try again.

Thanks again
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 6:43 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

chazco - 2006-03-08 10:20 PM

I did PM my address - didnt it go through? I'll try again.

Thanks again

I got it now, thanks! I'll print it out and get Roger to take me down to the post office, after I have had my lay in. I'll send that screen while I am at it as well, someone needs a mobile pro screen and since I half half a MP780 left, I am gradually using/giving away bits.

So far:
Screen cable has gone to my MP
Screen is going to someone (sorry, the name has gone already)
ROM has gone in the 800, see the 800 thread, I've probably updated it by the time you read this!
Anyone want any bits?
 Top of the page
chazco
chazco Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 5:26 PM
#
Thanks again to all involved - this will really help.
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.207 - Cached queries : 68 - Executed queries : 10