x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

New Netfront Technical Preview Package

1 2
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 1:20 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Yes folks, its that time of the month again, when your Netfront Technical Preview Package turns into a pumpkin! Thankfully, Access has not been slacking. The fifth TPP has already been announced on their page and will be available for download shortly. It should be good until the end of April. You can bypass all the mandatory registration stuff by going straight to the download directory here:

http://www.access.co.jp/nfppc/data/

As usual, this will probably require some hexediting to get working on Jornadas and similar devices. Perhaps Cmonex would be kind enough to repackage it for the less hacktastic amongst us?

In addition, there is a press release announcing that version 3.4, with AJAX support will be available at the end of March. Seems a bit premature to announce the release of 3.4 before finishing up 3.3, but who am I to judge?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 7:03 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

OK i will do the repackaging soon

what the hell is ajax?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 8:53 PM
#
H/PC Elder

In Canada Ajax is either a:

1. Small town east of Toronto
2: An abrasive cleanser like Comet

Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-02-28 9:29 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

AJAX is one of the chief technologies that is often referenced when people talk about "Web 2.0" type stuff. It is a combination of Javascript and XML that allows for elements on web pages to be continually updated without a need for a page reload. It allows for cool things like google map's infinitely scrowlable maps. I hate the term "web 2.0," as it is used in a very imprecise way and nobody seems to know what the F*ck it is supposed to be. It is the modern day equivalent of when everyone was slapping "e-" in front of their business/product names for no discernable reasons.

Here is the wikipedia entry on AJAX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/AJAX
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 2:28 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Top of the page
Grant Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 4:22 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

What is this? Is it a beta version of NEtFront for HPC 2000? Is it for MIPS or ARM? Would I need to odo hex editing?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 6:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes beta, and it is ARM only and no hexediting needed, i'll post a (hopefully working!) version soon.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 6:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

hey well Raul already sent me an exe that probably works (same hack as with the older versions - i just checked it), if not, let me know!!

http://izemize.fw.hu/NF33_v4.ZIP
 Top of the page
raul Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 2:51 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

And let me know too
 Top of the page
Rocketman Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 4:14 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I am down in Portland for the FIRST robotics regional competiton, so I am limited to my cell's phone's EDGE data connection and whatever wifi I can find, but I will try and download it and give it a shot. You should do something about your release version numbering. People might get confused and think this hex edited version is the TPP version 4 and not version 5.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 1:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

ok, next release will be just v6
 Top of the page
Olavius
Olavius Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 6:21 AM
#
Still, java doesn't seem to work in v4?

Has anyone looked at Opera 8.5 for PPC, which should be available now?
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 7:34 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

java isn't included in demo packages (only in commercial versions) and has never been.

opera: yeah and it works only on rgisondi's netbook pro
 Top of the page
wb0gaz Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 10:19 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Hello, I've been in recent (Feb. 2006) contact with a US rep from Opera about Opera ported to Jornada 720 and friends; he was initially somewhat encouraging, but subsequent e-mails yielded that they do porting on a business-case basis and that a port for the Jornada 720 etc. was not likely forthcoming (at least without some specific vertical application or something where they could be assured of sales - they didn't seem interested in the shrink-wrap-product opportunity for HPC2000, which is quite unfortunate.)

The netfront v2 patch has worked well for me on some sites that are tripped up by PIE4, particularly hotmail.com whose javascript is broken on PIE4.

As an aside, I installed recent Opera 8 on my (new from my employer) Nokia 6682 (symbian S60) and it works quite well; it would be a nice product on the Jornada if Opera was willing to do the port. Got the Nokia 6682 (GPRS) working with the Jornada 720 (Socket Bluetooth "F" series card) and it's a good combination.

Thanks very much for the continuing work on adapting netfront 3.3 trial versions.

(PS to the system operators here - please forgive my two mis-placed postings about netfront on the general forum area - I didn't realize the topic was already being covered in this thread, and I'll read more carefully before posting again...)

Dave
wb0gaz@hotmail.com
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 5:14 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Is it feasible (will it work) to buy 3.2, attempt the install and then overwrite with the zip from cmonex to get a version with java installed?
From reading around, it's my understanding that a version of 3.2 adapted for HPC has not worked.
Thanks
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 66 - Executed queries : 17