x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

620lx wifi issues with orinco silver card

Karim
Karim Page Icon Posted 2006-03-01 8:19 PM
#
well i bought a 620lx, and it has windows CE2.0. i bought a proxim orinoco 11b silver pc card. the lights dont turn on nor i cant figure out how to get the drivers for the wireless card to work. anyone can help me id appreciate it. Thanks!
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 1:41 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Hello and welcome to the H/PC community.

Some of the Proxim ORiNOCO cards won't work with CE 2.0. What is the model number on your card?
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 7:53 PM
#
well its the proxim orinoco 11b client pc card silver. the model # on the back of the card is 8421-WD (IEEE 802.11b PC-Card)
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 11:31 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

This card is listed in this site's Hardware Compatibility List. Go to the home page of this site, click on "Hardware & Accessories," and once you enter the HCL, click on "Wireless Network Cards" on the right-hand side of the screen. Then scroll down the list to find your card. Click on "Notes & Downloads" right under the name of the card, and you will see driver links there, including one for CE 2.0.

Edited by CE Geek 2006-03-03 12:03 AM
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 7:13 PM
#
do u need to download only one of the drivers. There are 4 different ones. Does it matter which one I pick. Thanks! And how do I setup the HP once i download the driver to my desktop? Thanks Again!
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 7:43 PM
#
ok well i got the driver for the CE2.00 on the hp u trasfered to the hp. it now has a "Wave Lan" icon in the control panel. But for some reason none of the lights on the card are working. i thought atleast the power light would work but its not.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.25 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8