x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Where Do You Keep Your HPC?

SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 7:28 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

When you aren't using it? Do you keep it in your bag? In it's cradle?
Plugged into AC or not? I'm curious..I've been keeping my 720 in it's cradle and plugged into AC..I read that the battery doesn't have the memory loss issues like today's newer batteries, so keeping it plugged in doesn't hurt because it stops charging when it's full. Is this correct?

Sue
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 8:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i dont ever leave it in plugged in AC. i dont really recommend that, somehow. but why not. i keep it (well, my hpc's) in a handbag. i just found a nice little thing to protect it (j728) inside the bag.

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-02 8:05 PM
 Top of the page
Jorkapp Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 8:15 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

At home, my 2010c is most often in the cradle, and the batteries are in the wall charger. The cradle sits right next to my monitor, and when docked, my 2010c really makes a nice companion to my normal computing.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 9:25 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't ever leave mine plugged in either-my cradle is hooked to my laptop docking station-serial cable to my old J690 cradle. I usually take both my laptop & J728 home with me at night-carry the Jornada in an HP case that was made for it. Easy to check mail and calendar if I have to or read documents in the coffee shop in the morning. If I want to sync with my laptop at home I have another cradle at home to connect by USB.
wildbill
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-03-02 11:44 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Why is it bad to leave the handheld plugged into electricity? And should laptops NOT be left plugged in also?
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 12:35 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I don't think it matters for the Jornada batteries to keep them plugged in. My laptop battery is different and after a while it won't hold its charge. As well, I received a notice several months ago to "recall" both my laptop battery adapter and my adapter for my laptop dock due to a "fire hazard". I now have replacement adapters for both-but they are all connected to the same power bar as the Jornada cradle and everynight I shut everything down including the powerbar and take the Jornada with me.
wildbill
 Top of the page
digirebel
digirebel Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 12:24 PM
#
I can second wildbill's experience for laptops. I've got an IBM laptop that I have plugged in all the time because of laziness on my part and the battery doesn't hold a charge. I've got another laptop about the same age that wasn't plugged in as much and it holds a charge quite well.
 Top of the page
Derek.HPCManiac
Derek.HPCManiac Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 1:01 PM
#
My NEC Mobile stay in my University bag... I use the handheld to copy all subjects. It helps very much...
In Night the MP stay plugged into AC Adapter...
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 12