x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 4:38 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I just had a bit of a scare..I turned my Jornada on..it went on and then a minute later went off-and wouldn't turn back on!
I tried a soft reset and it's fine now. Can anyone tell me what might have happened? It really scared me..I've only had my 720 for 5 days but I am already very attached to it..and don't have the funds for a replacement!

Sue
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 5:04 PM
#
Oh no. This is probably not good... Here's a link to another forum user on another site who had a similar problem.

http://hardware.mcse.ms/archive44-2004-7-43214.html

From the look of it, it sounds like it might be a slightly defective unit...
But, somewhere, long long ago I faintly remember something about HP releasing a few "Service Pack" type software updates for the Jornada 72x's, correcting a few problems w/ freezing. But I can't quite remember where I read this...

Also, you said a SOFT reset fixed it? That's good news, because in that forum link that I posted, they had to HARD reset the device to get it to recover.

See if it keeps on doing it, hopefully it was just a one-time thing.
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 5:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,
Yeah a soft reset fixed it and it seems fine now. I hope it was a random glitch! I will see if I can find any info about those service packs. Thanks!

Sue
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 7:57 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

SueNY - 2006-03-03 10:38 PM

I just had a bit of a scare..I turned my Jornada on..it went on and then a minute later went off-and wouldn't turn back on!
I tried a soft reset and it's fine now. Can anyone tell me what might have happened? It really scared me..I've only had my 720 for 5 days but I am already very attached to it..and don't have the funds for a replacement!

Sue

it is OK if it turns off after exactly one minute if you didn't touch the unit. just a feature even if you set power off to a higher number than 1 min.

this can happen anyway. it happened once to my j728 that it wouldn't turn on (not the same situation though - i just went to use it), but a reset solved it.

happened to my sig3 once too. never to the other units.

j728 once again acted up, it would turn off within 10 secs if i didn't touch it, not 1 min. a hard reset solved that.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 9