x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

bthomson
bthomson Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 4:58 PM
#
I'm having 2 problems with InBox.

1) A number of messages arrive wthout the body text and the message <Unsupported text or character set removed>.

I'm assuming this has something to do with non standard ASCI characters in a message. However, lots of messages with links and even foreign characters get through.

2) When sending a message, either by reply or from scratch, I get a message saying it can't be sent because the address is incorrect. However, I know the address is correct. Might it have anything to do with InBox automatically puting a semi-colin after each address?

Bob

Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 5:57 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
What type of email do you use--POP or IMAP?

Jake
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 2:52 AM
#
POP3
 Top of the page
bthomson
bthomson Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 2:55 AM
#
POP3
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 9:25 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Oh, then I would set up your POP email through the nPOP program, which is far superior, far faster than Inbox.

nPOP will also alleviate the absence of certain text in your emails. Through npop.ini, you can program nPOP's external viewer from a variety of programs--including PIE--and render the text properly.

cmonex and other .net users know for certain, but I'm almost positive that npop works on CE 4.0 and above.

Jake
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 12:14 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

yes it works fine with cenet in my experience.
 Top of the page
bthomson
bthomson Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 4:59 AM
#
I got nPOP and it seems to work OK but on both the accounts I set up it downloaded a bunch of mail which filled the memory. After deleting a bunch of old mail, I reset it under Accounts/Initialize to download from message 1. It now seems to freeze, doesn't get any old or new mail. I even tried a soft reset hoping that might free up some memory - to no avail.

There IS memory because InBox gets new mail.

Any thoughts on what the problem is? There doesn't seem to be a help file or function.

Bob
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 9:42 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

If just your email is clogging your memory, I would adjust that dramatically. You should have megabytes upon megabytes of free memory to run your programs. For instance, my J-720 has 32 megs of RAM, and I've designated only five megs for programs (running the rest on compact flash card) and the rest for memory.

I strongly suggest a similar arrangment for you. Then I would uninstall nPOP and try again. I must admit, I've never heard of your problem. Usually when nPOP works, it works. At nPOP's home page, there is a forum link devoted to the program.

For future referencec, I think you can tell nPOP just to download the email headers.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 8