x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 6:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Okay,
Well since all of the Utils I tried(ministumbler, etc)refused to work and I can't find any help, and I am not near a hotspot at the moment, I can't really test my card. This is what it says under "Network Utlities"

Net Interface: Aironet Wireless Lan Adapter
DHCP Enabled: True
IP Address: 169.254.XX.XXX
Subnet Mask: 255.255.X.X
Default Gateway:0.0.0.0

Can I assume that means the card is functioning properly?

Thanks for the help!

Sue
 Top of the page
jpfx Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 6:39 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

no, 169.*.*.* is an internal IP address which is issued when a DHCP server can't be found. Normally because it hasn't connected.
I can't help with the wireless card I'm afraid, but if you could tell us what card you're using, we could start from there.
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 6:46 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Hi,
I know it's not connected to any wireless network..as I stated I am nowhere near a hotspot and don't have a wireless network here at home (I'm stuck on dialup). So stands to reason the card wouldn't be connected to anything. Even if any of my neighbors had a wifi network I doubt the card would detect them as my home is an old brick brownstone with very thick walls.
The card is an Aironet 4800 Series Turbo DS which I am told is exactly the same as the Aironet/Cisco 340. The drivers were already on my 720.

Sue
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 7:48 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

it is OK now, but if you go to a hotspot and still get 169.xx and not 10.xx or 192.xx or similar, eject&reinsert card
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.125 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 10