x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

If a jornada 720 screen goes "all lines", is it ruined?

coldsteel
coldsteel Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 6:56 PM
#
I have two jornada 720s whose screens show all vertical lines. Immediately after this happened, with some soft resets and jiggling i got the screens to work, once, for a very short time, before the screens apparently permanently reverted to all lines. Can this be fixed? If not, is there another useable-keyboard clamshell color screen machine of same size or smaller out there? Like a color psion revo, that would be perfect heh. Thanks if you can help! Cold
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-03 7:47 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

try to tighten the screws or realign the screen cable (you need to do a little disassembling for the latter)
 Top of the page
enrigonz
enrigonz Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 11:40 AM
#
coldsteel - 2006-03-03 6:56 PM

is there another useable-keyboard clamshell color screen machine of same size or smaller out there? Like a color psion revo, that would be perfect heh. Thanks if you can help! Cold

Look on eBay and you will find thousands, you can look at usedhandhelds.com but their prices are a little high compared to eBay. Another option is getting yours repaired, usedhandheld.com can fix it for you.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 6:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

A possible cause for this is that the screen's earthing has come lose, or, there is something shorting the pickup, or, a damaged cable line (the loom as I call it)
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 8