x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

pocket quicken on HPC - HELP!!!

Ronin Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 4:42 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Ok, I picked up the trial download of Pocket Quicken. It would not load with their installer so I found the CAB file for PPC2002 and copied to my storage card. I ran the CAB file and it installed in main memory. I tried running the program and it stated that there was missing libraries, so I copied all the libraries in the I found in the folder to the new folder created by the CAB file. I also put all the ARM dlls from cmonex's website in the same folder.

Hey according to all the other threads concerning PPC to HPC programs this is all you do.

I then tried to run the program. It starts, but any menus that I open are very small and in the upper left corner of the screen. They are not even regular PPC size.

I am very new at this. I have no idea what I just did in terms of the programs from cmonex
s site. I would like some direction with explaination, or a direction on where to start learning about the procedure. ie do I need to learn C, VB etc. or books on the general subject.

Just like it has been said, give a man a fish and you feed him for a day, but teach him to fish and you have fed him for a lifetime. I need taught or pointed in a direction on what to learn so I can be knowledgeable. Just saying drop an agyshell.dll in a program file does not help. I do not know what I just did if I just blindly follow those instructions.

I know there must have been many threads on this in the past, but searching is a fine art. So far I either get no hits or so many that it is hard to go through them all.

Thanks in advance

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 4:50 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

use winwatch to resize the menus. (what hpc do you have, btw?)

glad to hear there's someone who actually wants to understand what he's doing and why. maybe i won't rewrite my manual completely then
 Top of the page
Ronin Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 8:31 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I have a J728 . Thanks for the tip. When you get your manual done, I am interested.
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 5:33 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi I would be interested in the source of your Pocket Quicken download as I would also like to get this working on my Jornada 720.

Thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 5:44 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

There are a couple of Pocket Quicken 2.0 (for Palm OS and Pocket PC) packages currently going for a buck in auction on eBay. They claim compatibility with Pocket PC 2000, so there's a real chance of them working on the 720 without any hacks.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 7:37 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-03-05 11:44 AM
They claim compatibility with Pocket PC 2000, so there's a real chance of them working on the 720 without any hacks.

sorry but they will surely need at least aygshell.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 3:39 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Still well worth a try. I've tried Pocket Money for Pocket PC on my MP790, and it won't work (though I haven't tried tweaking it yet).
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 43 - Executed queries : 32