x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

WTB: HP Serial adapter Product F1295A

Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 6:52 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I have cheked everywhere but nobody seems to have them. Also if you dont have one to sell me, please tell me where to get one.
Link
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 7:01 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

is this just the sync cable?

i have like 6 of them...

got one with j728, then one with MC16 then j680 then 620lx then 320lx and finally with a dead j720 i got for parts. (yes, all compatible)

but i'm not sure what shipping costs would be like (ok, for such a small thing probably not much) & payment method, etc... that's why i never tried to sell anything internationally, but a trade would be interesting.

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-04 7:04 PM
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 7:18 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well I accidentally bought a docking cradle, the 680 model if your interested? other wise is there a way to get U.S. cashiers checks to work in Hungary? Paypal is also an option.
Link
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 7:24 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

docking cradle? hrm not really anything else?
paypal is not really an option for me, it is send only in my country. at least i cannot withdraw funds. (hmm maybe i can buy stuff from the payment on ebay? )
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-04 7:30 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Just tell me how much it costs and I should be able to send you an International cashiers check.
Link
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 2:14 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

I am not sure where you are based but there are a couple on Ebay at present 1 in UK and 1 in USA. They do come up quite regularly.

Craig
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 4:51 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks for The info but I believe chasmanor is goingto be sending me one.
Thanks
Link
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 10:35 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Synch over Ir... An adaptor on Ebay is like $10 shipped, and most laptops have them built in1 It's all I use, and I've used it with my Clio (nearly impossible to find a cable for) my Jornada 620 and 820's :-)
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 11:55 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Tried that already, the IR wasn't working with activesync. basicly i was sort of scammed into buying technology built for windows 98 and it was a rip-off
Link
 Top of the page
Link Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 6:01 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

umm ok the offer is back, the person who sent me one for free sent me a sync cable, not the usb to serial adapter that i asked for. so if someone has an extra one, and they're in the US. then please reply.
Link
PS: thanks for the cable barbara but you sent me a F1224 cable, and I was asking for a F1295A cable.
 Top of the page
adavis159
adavis159 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 7:24 PM
#
the F1295A is a serial host cable, for attaching something like an external modem or other serial device, it is basically the reverse of the serial sync cable.

I am also looking for one of these, in the hope that I can connect it to a handheld GPS device in NMEA mode for ministumbler.
supposedly the serial sync cable can be cut apart and modified to do the same thing, but I don't have one of those either.
 Top of the page
btrimmer Page Icon Posted 2006-10-08 7:39 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

adavis159 - 2006-10-08 7:24 PM

the F1295A is a serial host cable, for attaching something like an external modem or other serial device, it is basically the reverse of the serial sync cable.

Hrm.... isn't this a simple matter of whether the cable is wired as pass-thru or as a null modem cable? RS-232 isn't like USB, where you have distinct send and receive modules at the electronics level. The only difference between a 'host' and a 'client' is how Pins 2 and 3 are wired. If it's the wrong cable, a simple Null Modem adapter (basically just a Female-Female adapter that switches pins 2 and 3) should do the trick. Heck, you may still be able to find one on the shelf at Radio Shack.

Now, whether your computer has a serial port or not, is another question...
 Top of the page
barney77
barney77 Page Icon Posted 2006-10-28 11:16 AM
#
On a similar subject, does anyone have a spare sync cable (serial) for a 690 cradle. I bought a very *carefully* described 690 and bits off ebay which did not include one.

I'm having to sync via an ancient win 98 laptop that I've dug out of the cupboard (because it has IR).

Think the part numer is F1258A but I'm not sure.

Thanks

Barney
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.296 - Cached queries : 67 - Executed queries : 10