x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Best internet experience HPC or other?

1 2 3
scharfshutze Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 10:37 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I gotta admit, I love(d) using my Psion Netbook to view the web. It was great. But I moved back to the Tripad after a couple of months. (I dont really know why I have such a tripad fetish =)

The tripad isnt too bad either, esp. with a wifi card. But the 256 color screen and uber sloooow loading ruins it at times.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 10:45 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Part of the wonder of hpc ownership is accepting a slower pace of life. I haven't quite determined yet if my fetish is with 720s (3) or 6651s (2, but I'd gladly add a third for the right price), or Palm Tungsten Ws (3).

When they're all shined up and lined up it's a treasure trove of fun. (I'm over the hpc blues thankfully)
 Top of the page
scharfshutze Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 11:45 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

To be honest, I'm not to keen on the "pda" touchscreen only type devices. (such as palm or dell axim)

I like the clamshell designs the best. I do alot of writing and I've tried using stylus only methods, but its not
the most comfortable experience. (I used my SE P800 alot in the beginning... but no t9 or predictive input whatsoever.)

I guess thats why I love the Tripad alot. Its been with me since 1998 and still going strong. Even the batteries I have
still hold a good seven hour charge. (and trust me, I've put them through alot!)

Although, being able to put a pda in your pocket is nice. I just like a near full size keyboard without a five pound laptop =)
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 2:28 AM
#
H/PC Elder

I got tired of stylus only input on my ppc really fast. Browsing was a royal pain. The thumboard on my Tungsten is tolerable for short stints but nothing beats a keyboard.
 Top of the page
ZSX Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 11:51 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Cyberstorm - 2006-03-07 9:52 PM

After reading this about the Fujitsu, I went on eBay and tracked down a Fujitsu Stylistic 3500. I'll let you know what I think of it after it gets shipped to me. Pretty cheap really at $230 ish + shipping. (prob put something in Off-Topic since it really is). Here are specs though if you're interested;

Celeron 500mhz
10.4 tft screen
256 meg ram
15 gig hard drive
Windows 2000
usb port
pcmcia port
stylus (i understand screen writing recognition isn't that great - I'll have to see on that)

Already have a lot of different ideas as to what to do with this thing;

surf from couch
make a picture frame mount and do a screen saver with family pics.
mount in the car, use for mp3, gps nav, movie player
get HomeSeer and control my Stargate with it (stargate is a home automation controller)
etc.

Should be a fun little gadget I'm hoping... It's funny, I got my mp789 to toss in my car so I have a wifi web gadget wherever I go, however, I can't bring myself to leave it in there! I have no problem leaving this thing in there though - am I crazy or what?!

Edited by ZSX 2006-03-21 11:54 AM
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-21 4:18 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-03-21 4:45 AM

Part of the wonder of hpc ownership is accepting a slower pace of life. I haven't quite determined yet if my fetish is with 720s (3) or 6651s (2, but I'd gladly add a third for the right price), or Palm Tungsten Ws (3).

When they're all shined up and lined up it's a treasure trove of fun. (I'm over the hpc blues thankfully)

i think mine is with the j728's (especially the int'l english version which is so rare). currently have some projects active to get as many of them as possible.

a spare sig3 and 900c would also be nice but that can wait a little (ok it is not an easy wait with the sig3 )
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.187 - Cached queries : 41 - Executed queries : 32