x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Need help with HPC emulator

HPC user
HPC user Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 1:01 AM
#
I downloaded NesCE a NES emulator for HPC2000. The emulator runs, but the video is bad and the audio as well. This is something you may not understand until you try it yourself. I have a Jornada 720 and tried running the app from the C:\ RAM disk and the CF card. When I play a game its difficult to fully see the game as whenever I move the video gets poor. The emulator speed is about average. I remember trying a Game Boy emulator on my 680 sometime ago, and boy was it sluggish!

On my PC I use nessie102 and it runs perfect. The emulator is free. I copied some rom files over.

Thanks,

Kevin
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 1:38 AM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

There were some other emulators in that list that I pointed to you. I believe you, the hpc is not a very good system to emulate on. I have not gotten any roms to test on there myself, if you could do that then it would help. You can also try increasing the HKLM\GDI\GLYPHCACE\Limit size. There could be a (possible) speed increase.
 Top of the page
HPC user
HPC user Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 4:13 PM
#
HKLM\GDI\GLYPHCACE

So I type run HKLM\GDI\GLYPHCACE?
 Top of the page
HPC user
HPC user Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 5:45 PM
#
I made the change and the HPC increased its speed, however the display sucks whenever I move. You have no roms? I have a ton... The HPC runs the emulator fine, its just whenever I move the display looks poor. But aparantly this seems to be a problem with the HPC itself. Try using pocketword and scrolling, you cannot read the text very well when you scroll with the arrow key.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 6:06 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Sorry about not being descriptive enough. If you got powertoys for your 720 you will have a registry editor in Startrograms:Accesories. You can also download the PHM Registry Editor, a great one, at http://www.phm.lu/Products/HandheldPC/RegEdit/ . Then you go tap HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE , SYSTEM , GDI , GLYPHCACHE , and you will see a key on the left hand side named Limit. Double-tap it, and you will see a number, most likely 32768. Try increasing this to 65536. This is totally experimental and I don't even know if this will help. No harm should come from doing this though, I have left mine with that setting with no problems. Perhaps this part is C:Amie's job , but if you check out Support And Tutorials on this site there will be a guide to working with the registry, and some nice hacks.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2004-12-31 6:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I believe I said I didn't have any on my hpc. Not in general.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 61 - Executed queries : 11