x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

an error occured in the secure channel support

Raphyel Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 2:39 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

Hello eveyone, I am not a very computer saavy guy. I bought a jornada 720 on ebay recently. It claimed wireless internet and all kinds of good stuff. I took it to the lab I work in at school and it worked perfectly. After I left the lab and went to the union, I get a message" an error occured in the secure channel support. Once again I go back to the lab and no problems. We have a desktop in the lab, so I dont need a wireless connection there, but I need to use it when I am out and about at school. Any advice will be greatly appreciated. I will answer any questions that I can. I did install the 128 bit encryption HPC128 file from the microsoft website. I dont know if that helps or not. Also, it is stuck at the authentication page for the LSU wireless network login when it displays that message.

Thanks in advance
Raphyel

Edited by Raphyel 2006-03-05 2:41 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 4:53 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Moved to HPC2000 Support
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-05 4:56 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It probably means that the school is using a provate SSL certificate. You need to check with support about Security certificate requirements.
 Top of the page
Raphyel Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 12:00 PM
#
H/PC Newbie

I took your advice and contacted the tech support guys at school. They told me that my browser was not capable of opening the secure login page and that I need to upgrade it. Now my question is , is there any way to upgrade the browseron a jornada 720 so that it will work better. I have the 128bit encryption patch. I have sen some stuff about making the browser think that its IE 6.0, but i dont know if that work on a jornada. Thanks again
Raphyel
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 1:02 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I'm going to argue with your tech support department, whiney penny they don't even know what PIE is.

My difficulty in helping you is that I need to see the page and the errors and look at some other bits in order to advise you. The more details you can provide on the site, certificate etc, the more we can try and assist you.

The Jornada Browser Identity hack is for the Jornada. You can do it manually in the registry or using Tweaks2K2.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 28