x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

F.S. External Keyboard for Jornada 680-720-728

wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 10:03 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

F.S. External Keyboard (HPF1275A) for Jornada 680, 720 & 728.

Decided to sell my external keyboard which I purchased 4 years ago and used approx. 10x. I rarely use it anymore as an input device. Connects by its attached USB cable to rear of Jornada. It is in excellent to perfect condition and has original HP leather pouch as well as original instructions. Software on HP website or will provide for easy setup.
One sold on Ebay on Feb. 1, 2006-in UK-advertised as a "Fantastic & Rare Accessory"-received 14 bids and sold for $51.00 GBP ($89.47 US). Will sell for "best offer" above $60.00 US plus shipping costs. (3 days-if not will list on Ebay).
wildbill
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 2:40 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi can you please quote shipping for following UK address:

Banff Health Centre
Clunie Street
Banff
Aberdeenshire
SCOTLAND
AB53 5PS

Thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 5:35 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Craig:

Shipping by air from Canada should be less than $12.00 US depending on the final weight. If it is more than $12.00 US-I will pay the extra cost. I will pack it up tonight and find out precise cost in the morning-after I take some pictures of it in case no one at HPC Factor is interested and I end up selling it on Ebay. It is likely somwhere between $7.50 US & $12.00 US.

wildbill
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 10:21 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Be very careful with the word "USB", especially when talking about Jornadas. Don't ask me why, but just don't get people started on it again.

The Jornada uses a special connector for its standard Serial RS232 connection. Incidentally it looks like a USB connector, but is physically different. It is NOT USB.

BTW, IIRC the keyboard should also work with Jornada Pocket PCs. I'm not sure tho.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 10:34 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Thanks, takwu-I stand corrected!
Although, the connection looks alot like USB-it is not, it is actually the "HP Serial-RS232 Connector" that connects the External Keyboard to the Jornada 680, 690, 720 & 728 that I know of. The keyboard fits the connection on the back of the Jornada 680, 680, 720 or 728 and was made specifically for the aforementioned Jornada HPC's.

I don't know if it will connect to other Jornada's (HP Pocket PC's).

wildbill

PS. Where do I get a tricorder-somedays I just want to get beamed up!!!
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 9:02 AM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Thanks, I am definately interested I will get back to you with an offer once I have a clear indication of shipping costs. I would prefer it to be shipped by airmail if possible.

Thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 11:08 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Craig:

I have packaged the external keyboard with bubble wrap etc. to determine final shipping (Air Mail) weight & costs-$14.51 CDN, $7.29 GBP, $12.64 US. As I said yesterday-I would pay costs over $12.00 US. If you want to see pictures-I have them available. I probably should email them to your personal email if you wish. I'm not sure that they want us posting pictures in this post?
Thank-you

wildbill
 Top of the page
Spymaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 12:50 PM
#
Factorite (Senior)

Hi the pictures would be good to see. My email is thompcraig@gmail.com

Thanks

Craig
 Top of the page
oflash Page Icon Posted 2006-04-20 1:48 PM
#