x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Sigmarion III English MUI with Japanese Programs menu

takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-06 11:33 PM
#
H/PC Elder

One problem with the English MUI is that when you install an applications, all the shortcuts go to the Japanese Programs menu, instead of the English one. So when you click Start, Programs, you won't see the new shortcuts.

*edit*
I hexedited the ceshell MUI file so that the Programs menu has the contents of the Japanese "Programs" folder. This is a temporary solution to fix the problem.

The file is based on the English MUI release. I only edited that one string within, so don't give me too much credits

Unzip it into your Windows folder in the Sig3, overwritting the existing ceshell.DLL.0409.mui

You will see that the items under the Programs menu will have some Japanese. You can always rename them. At least now anything you install will put shortcuts there.

Edited by takwu 2006-03-07 12:14 AM
 Top of the page
rgisondi Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 4:02 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

what about flash player incompatibility?
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 9:11 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

So this one does obsolete my application?

Excellent, that's a step in the right direction!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 12:00 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Heh, rgisondi, I am just another Average Joe with a freeware hexeditor So I have no idea why Flash doesn't work, let alone how to fix it...
chiark, glad you like it
Everyone please try the file and make sure it works I only tested it myself.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 12:59 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

so whats with the desktop shortcuts?

anyway cool. give a little credit to TFGBD too he's the greatest hpc hacker on earth!!
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 2:12 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Hey cmonex,
Actually the only problem with Desktop shortcut is Control Panel. If you try to alt-tap anything in Control Panel and create desktop shortcut, it will create a shortcut in your Windows/Desktop folder, instead of the Japanese folder that the system uses. (If you do not have a Windows/Desktop folder it will give you an error that it cannot create shortcut.) The problem is in control.EXE.0409.mui. You can delete it and make the whole Control Panel japanese again, and it will put shortcuts on the real desktop. That's what I do, and the limited Japanese in there doesn't bother me at all.

I suppose I could hex edit that MUI to fix the path, but I don't think it's worth the effort. If matrixcore or someone requests this fix for the sake of completeness of the MUI package, I will do it in a minute (it takes no time). But otherwise I wouldn't want to leave another MUI file floating around like that for no good reason

Strangely, explorer never had a problem when you select a file, then "Send To | Desktop as Shortcut". It goes to the Japanese Desktop folder just as I want.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 7:36 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-03-13 8:12 AM
I suppose I could hex edit that MUI to fix the path, but I don't think it's worth the effort. If matrixcore or someone requests this fix for the sake of completeness of the MUI package, I will do it in a minute (it takes no time). But otherwise I wouldn't want to leave another MUI file floating around like that for no good reason

well i was the one who first redistributed the MUI package. then matrixcore. so if you do create that file, i can redist it in a package
and in any case, there is really a good reason - to fix everything that is possible. don't leave this here half finished! that would look ugly...
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-03-18 9:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

takwu - 2006-03-13 1:12 AM

Hey cmonex,
Actually the only problem with Desktop shortcut is Control Panel. If you try to alt-tap anything in Control Panel and create desktop shortcut, it will create a shortcut in your Windows/Desktop folder, instead of the Japanese folder that the system uses. (If you do not have a Windows/Desktop folder it will give you an error that it cannot create shortcut.) The problem is in control.EXE.0409.mui. You can delete it and make the whole Control Panel japanese again, and it will put shortcuts on the real desktop. That's what I do, and the limited Japanese in there doesn't bother me at all.

Strangely, explorer never had a problem when you select a file, then "Send To | Desktop as Shortcut". It goes to the Japanese Desktop folder just as I want.

I think the problem lies within the shell mui, as i have spanish MUIs which do not exhibit that flaw (they use the spanish desktop folder instead of the jap one), so when i create a shortcut in the control panel it appears correctly in the desktop ( "\Windows\Escritorio" ). We need to check this one with TFGBD
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-04-28 10:53 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

& again by request of the author:
http://www.hpcfactor.com/support/cesd/s/0109.asp

... yes... I know
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-04-29 10:05 AM
#
H/PC Oracle