x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Feeling Unappreciated at Work?

1 2
clintonfitchdotcom Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 6:08 PM
#
Avatar image of clintonfitchdotcom
H/PC Elite

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 6:13 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Well, I work for the government, so feeling unappreciated (both by the employer and by the public) comes with the territory. Interesting you should share this, incidentally; I remember a coworker in my first office on this job, who went into full arrest right at her desk in 1989 at the age of 49. Don't ever let anyone tell you that civil service jobs are a cinch.
 Top of the page
torch Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 7:00 PM
#
Subscribers
H/PC Guru

clinton: That is scary

I guess the moral is to check up on co-workers or emplyers for that matter...

Edited by tenjeangosi 2006-03-07 7:01 PM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-07 11:10 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 6:50 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I know the feeling
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 7:50 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

It's kinda sad really, that one would be so alone in the world that people wouldn't miss his presence. That'll be me someday. I'll outlive my wife I'm sure, no children, parents gone, no siblings left alive....just living alone in some house on retirement and social security. I'll kick off dead and it will only be the odor that will cause the neighbors to investigate.

Man I'm already feeling depressed now....

Rich
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 10:54 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Well, I also think no one will notice if I die right now. Yes it's depressing. But then I figured it doesn't matter. So what if no one cares. Live for your own satisfaction. I do.
 Top of the page
Wessex_nut Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 6:22 AM
#
H/PC Philosopher

Rich.... Funny you say that, I'd probably outlive everyone in my family and become like that movie (the 40-year-old-virgin)! No girlfriend/wife/kids/friends. Kind of depressing.....

The story I found sad, but humours at the same time. It is sad to find that someone was found dead in an office and that he was soo rigid that no one noticed he was moving. (Hey, George, would you like a tea? Geroge? GEORGE????..... I take that as a no then!), but anyway, I love the last line, I'll be warned of that...

...... I'll probably find that Sarah (a fellow student) on friday, the first thing she would do is POKE!!
 Top of the page
mewiedman Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 6:49 AM
#
Factor Fanatic

While one shouldn't work too hard, I think the real moral of the story is to interact with other people regularly. Even if it's just a Hello or a smile. When one of the people in our bullpen works late/early, we always make a note of what they were wearing to check first thing the next day to make sure they at least went home and changed clothes! (Of course now the joke is to say you have a spare set of clothes in the car). I think everyone here impacts more people than they know - both online and on earth. Try reading "the Five People You Meet in Heaven" or watching "It's a Wonderful LIfe".

Personally, I'm planning on living to 120 to make sure I see the [US] tricentennial!
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 7:25 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

takwu - 2006-03-09 4:54 AM

Well, I also think no one will notice if I die right now. Yes it's depressing. But then I figured it doesn't matter. So what if no one cares. Live for your own satisfaction. I do.

nice try, problem with this attitude (in my *humble* opinion!) is when/IF you need to have friends / make others happy too, to have the complete satisfaction.
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 6:24 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

anyways...... that's just an urban legend......
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 7:01 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

takwu, rest assured that if you didn't show up around here for a while, there would be a thread started in Off-Topic asking where takwu is.

As the owners will probably attest. If they drop out for any period of time, they usually get a phone call, carrier pidegon or similar trying to track them down (no one escapes the matric. NO ONE, not even CmoneX)
 Top of the page
ShadowMaster Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 7:02 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I'm outside the matrix
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 7:22 PM
#
ShadowMaster - 2006-03-09 4:02 PM

I'm outside the matrix

How's the WiFi reception out there?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 1:08 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

C:Amie - 2006-03-09 4:01 PM

takwu, rest assured that if you didn't show up around here for a while, there would be a thread started in Off-Topic asking where takwu is.

Yeah, I remember we started one on you when you took a little sabbatical a few months back. Then, when you came back, it mysteriously disappeared . . . .
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 70 - Executed queries : 11