x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

PCMCIA floppy drive

CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 11:40 AM
#
Check this out:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Travel-Floppy-Drive-w-PCMCIA-Interface-4-HP-Palmtop_W0QQitemZ6856803433QQcategoryZ31566QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

It says it's for HP palmtops, does that mean that you can use this in a Jornada to read/write 3.5" floppy disks? Has anyone ever achieved this before? If so, that would be really cool.

It also says that it doesn't come with the "PassportCard", I guess that is required for it's use. Also, I found the original website from which this product originated, but it dosen't have a list of supported devices.

http://www.accurite.com/Travel.html

I noticed that "Windows CE" was not on the list for supported operating systems... I wonder if anybody has ever written a driver for it...
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 12:25 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Forget it. This vendor advertises a floppy travel drive with pcmcia interface and the interface is not included? What?
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 1:27 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

You can connect floppy disks to CE, there is at least one of them in the HCL complete with drivers.
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-08 3:45 PM
#
wallythacker - 2006-03-08 9:25 AM

Forget it. This vendor advertises a floppy travel drive with pcmcia interface and the interface is not included? What?

Yeah, that's pretty lame, but hey, it's only $8. If you could find the Passport thing elsewhere on eBay, then it would be much cheaper than buying a brand new one for like $265.

That's cool that it works with CE, though.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 11