x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

CE 2.0 Network Printing Problem

Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 9:14 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Choking on the stench of ambition in Washington DC
Despite religious adherence to CESD-C-0015, I can not get a Sharp Mobilon 4100 CE 2.0 MIPS to network print with a shared HP Deskjet 5150 inkjet printer.

All other Mobilon components of the network are working--internet through a wireless Linksys WRT54G router, file-sharing with the XP Pro laptop, and wireless 3.8 Activesync.

But in Pocketword and any other CE program that supports printing, there is no menu for Net Path: and no "Network" for a port option.

I can print wirelessly with my Jornada 720 and this network (Pocketword, etc. gives me the Net Path), but am foiled so far to do the same with the Mobilon.

Jake

Edited by Jake 2006-03-09 9:18 AM
 Top of the page
mscdex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 10:47 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

According to (http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/wce/20/redirector.htm) you cannot print directly from Pocket Word and the like over a network with CE 2.0. You are limited only to plain text files.

The only suggestion I can make is you could try going with 3rd party printing software. One I recently found (while scouraging for HPC software) was a product called Westtek JetCet Print. It supports CE 2.0 and up, but the only thing is it doesn't like the HP 5150 specifically as being supported but it might be worth a shot. Their latest version only mentions PPC as a requirement, but I have an older version (2.1) that is for CE 2.0 and later.

If you're interested, I can email it to you if you want to try it, it's shareware however.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 11:08 AM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Many thanks for an informative reply. I went to your link and was able to print a *.txt file by copying it and pasting it in my \\\hp5150 directory listed on the network. So at least I know that can work, although the file printed incomprehensibly, but that's another matter.

Strange, though, that I can't network print out of Pocket Word, etc. since CESD-C-0015 says it's possible if you have NSP installed on CE 2.0. But C Herrera is very clear that you can't.

Thanks you for your offer of an evaluation copy of jetcet. Let me brood on this dilemma for a while, and I may PM you if you don't mind.

Thanks again for the info,
Jake
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 11:45 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Jake,

For 2.00 you have to use the "second option". See the final bulleted list in the document. I should make that clearer in the header.
 Top of the page
Jake Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 12:10 PM
#
H/PC Vanguard

Thanks for clearing that up. I thought I was losing my mind.

Jake
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 8