x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

problem with wi-fi card and hotspot

quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 10:21 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

I put this in the off-topic forum because right now I'm trying my wifi CF card on my pocketpc, although I've had this problem with my handhelds too.

A few months ago, it was working. I have a WPC12 CF Linksys card for my Pocket PC, a Jornada 547. There is a hotspot at my university and I could get connected and online. Since, I had to do a hard-reset and reload all the programs.

I tried yesterday to connect to this hotspot. There is a configuration program with the Linksys card and it shows the link - and it said a good signal and connection. But when I pulled up NetFront to get onto the internet, I got the following error message -

Type: DNS Host not found

I also tried with Internet Explorer and same problem with connecting to the Internet.

I figure I must have something configured wrong. I had 128 bit encryption toggled. There is no need to sign on at this hotspot.

What is wrong?

Edited by quiche 2006-03-09 10:26 AM
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 2:26 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

HELP!
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 9:39 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Sounds like you need to ask your university for the IP address of their hotspot..your card doesn't seem to be picking it up automatically, so you'll need to enter it manually.

Edited by SueNY 2006-03-10 9:42 PM
 Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 1:51 PM
#
H/PC Elder

First, turn off encryption.
Second, soft reset.
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 11:35 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

what is the IP you're getting?
 Top of the page
quiche Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 2:10 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

cmonex - 2006-03-11 11:35 PM

what is the IP you're getting?

cmonex, I don't think I am getting any IP. At times, I get a message about unable to assign IP address.

On the webpage about the hotspot at the university, it doesn't say anything about an IP address either. I think it is a free access point.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.169 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 10