x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How Do You Deal With The Fear?

1 2
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 4:40 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

You know, the one about your beloved H/PC dying or something happening to it? I've only had my 720 a week but I am already so attached to it!
Luckily I got one that is in excellent condition and also got a sturdy case for it! I know you guys have many H/PC "children" LOL but my Jornada is an only child. Not sure I could afford to replace it right away if something happened.
The H/PC blows the Palm and PPC's away in my opinion. Maybe it's because I am a writer and enjoy being able to actually type instead of tapping an onscreen keyboard or trying to use "graffiti" or the blistering absurdity of a thumb board. I also enjoy the built in modem and large screen. And the battery life rocks! My last PDA device was a Clie SJ-22 and the battery life just sucked...play a game and the battery goes from 100 to 40 in half an hour. I wish they'd never stopped making these little gems!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 4:47 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I prefer the Michael Jackson approach. Wrap them in bubbles and never let them out

The only tips I can offer you are

• Get a case

• Get a screen protector

• Get a keyboard skin

• Get some spare styli in case the tip starts scratching

• Never, Ever let anyone under 18 touch it

• Never, Ever let anyone touch it - this is in addition to the above rule and may/may not include yourself depending on how trust worthy you think you are

http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=112

how do I deal with it... one day at a time.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 5:14 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Never loan it out, not even to your most trusted friend, even if they offer you a huge security deposit. (well, maybe if they offer you enough to buy a Sig 3 and another 720)

Don't carry it in a pocket or loose. It will get dropped or mysteriously damaged. The first scratch should be your wake-up call you're doing something wrong.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 5:37 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

That fear is the foundation for hpc collections...people are so scared they start getting parts and the next thing you know they are accumulating entire units...

Rich
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 5:49 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I don't know of any better souce of parts than a working spare unit. But then where do the spare parts for that unit come from? Ahh, just buy another working spare unit. But but but spares for that one?

It's a spiralling decent from there....
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 6:34 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Rich makes for a good point there... I can't even think of a witty retort. Gee... I'm slipping.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 12:25 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-03-09 2:49 PM

I don't know of any better souce of parts than a working spare unit. But then where do the spare parts for that unit come from? Ahh, just buy another working spare unit. But but but spares for that one?

It's a spiralling decent from there....

Sounds more like a pyramid scheme.
 Top of the page
stftclmshell Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 12:33 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

It's a pyramid scheme alright, one that I have perpetrated upon myself. Of course, I don't appear to be alone.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 12:36 AM
#
H/PC Elder

It's a pyramid scheme that Amway would love to have.....
(said just after I bought another 720)
 Top of the page
CardBoardCrusader
CardBoardCrusader Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 1:11 AM
#
Well, looks like we're all doomed to a horrible fate of poverty and financial instability... but hey, too much of a good thing is GREAT!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 6:35 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Thank-you CE Geek that compensated for my inadequacy
 Top of the page
SueNY Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 9:31 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

Well I have no children yet, but I will make sure it stays far away from my 7 year old neice and 3 year old nephew!
So far I haven't let anyone else touch it, not even my fiance..LOL!!
 Top of the page
Pete P. Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 10:27 PM
#
H/PC Philosopher

I have laptop I am awaiting parts for.... The kids got to it, and colored on the screen with crayons hard enough to crack it :-P
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 10:32 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Rich Hawley - 2006-03-09 3:37 PM

That fear is the foundation for hpc collections...people are so scared they start getting parts and the next thing you know they are accumulating entire units...

Rich

oh I believe many started with the collection part way before they got scared! ... Just check out the signatures ...
And wait till they get scared ... then they will need 2 more Jornadas to backup their 2 Jornadas and two more for secondary backups!

Thinking of which, maybe I should go and get a Jornada for cheap as a backup. Kinda like buying extended warranty.
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 3:21 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Snappy! - 2006-03-10 7:32 PM
oh I believe many started with the collection part way before they got scared! ... Just check out the signatures ...

I agree with you there. I just got fascinated with all the different types of H/PC, and had to check 'em all out when I found good deals.

C:Amie: You're welcome, but what'd I do?

SueNY: I know what you're talking about regarding battery life on the Clie SJ22. Sony always made the Clies feature-rich, but that of course translated to huge power draw. (And feature-rich for a Palm OS 4 PDA still falls well short of even H/PC Pro units.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-03-11 4:15 AM
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.203 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11