x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

How Do You Deal With The Fear?

1 2
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 6:38 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

I couldn't think of a witty retort
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 8:00 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

Oh, yeah. Geez, I must be slipping too.
 Top of the page
scharfshutze Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 3:32 AM
#
H/PC Newbie

lol!

I found myself doing that (gathering parts, and then the whole units) I have like four Sharp Tripads in near mint =)
I do some journalism on the side, and would absolutely hate to lose my trusty and beloved Tripad!!!

Still a few things to get before I'm totally satisfied! =)

But seriously, a keyboard skin and a screen protector are absolutely the best way to make the units last longer. And of course, dont
ever lend it out. I lent my HP 200LX out to my girlfiend, and when I got it back it had a crushed screen! =.(.. So NO-ONE touches my
tripads =) lol
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 8:53 AM
#
H/PC Oracle

SueNY - 2006-03-09 10:40 PM

You know, the one about your beloved H/PC dying or something happening to it? I've only had my 720 a week but I am already so attached to it!
Luckily I got one that is in excellent condition and also got a sturdy case for it! I know you guys have many H/PC "children" LOL but my Jornada is an only child. Not sure I could afford to replace it right away if something happened.

hehe, exact same way i felt when i got my first j720 (my first hpc). i knew i wouldn1t have enough money to replace it if it breaks... well it didn't fail, still works and still in the same condition cosmetically. after one and a half year
j720's are sturdy beasts.
and i can get spare parts for them real cheap in my country... that's the best thing about the j720.
i got a dead j720 as parts machine (needed a part from it anyway for my j728) but couldn't resist the temptation and bought another dead one and had them put together into a fully working one! for 45$ or maybe less! haha.
you can get non working ones cheap in the US too (but not as cheap as here )

C:Amie - 2006-03-09 10:47 PM

I prefer the Michael Jackson approach. Wrap them in bubbles and never let them out

The only tips I can offer you are

• Get a case

• Get a screen protector

• Get a keyboard skin

• Get some spare styli in case the tip starts scratching

• Never, Ever let anyone under 18 touch it

• Never, Ever let anyone touch it - this is in addition to the above rule and may/may not include yourself depending on how trust worthy you think you are

http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=112

how do I deal with it... one day at a time.

michael jackson? thats the best idea yes...

hmm hmmm i already have some cases. i realized i better get them for my main hpcs. never paid for any case separately - intermec came with one, for j728 & sig3 i found one at home and found another when i helped a friend sell a j720 to another friend of mine.. found out the psion revo case my revo came with fits the zaurus. bsquare came with a case by default (default accessory for it!). and so on..
screen protector project has started too, bsquare and zaurus (ok thats not a hpc) have them, trying to find one cheap for sig3. they all are quality ones, i won't settle with crappy protectors.
keyboard protectors - ah intermec and sig3 have them. the others wont get them, they don't need it IMO.
i once loaned a j720 (yay, the one that was/is my first hpc i ever got) to a friend. i was lucky enough to get it back in the same intact state.

ok and ultimately i deal with the fear this way: started getting spares for my j728 just now. i had nor the money nor felt any need to do that until now. until a j728 surfaced at our local ad site and the seller screwed me up by not telling me he already sold it to some close friend. then i really started to feel i want another j728. working on the project hard.
until now i had no spares for any of my hpc's. ok i have two intermecs but the second is just a bonus that came with the spare battery and its backlight isn't working anyway. (otherwise would be fully working - was able to test it with working backlight for a while). and two nec 750C's which is a whole story as to why i have two.
and yeah two j720's (one upgraded with Rocketman's rom/ram)...

not that i worry too much. i rarely think of that. maybe i do worry about the sig3 sometimes as it just looks like it isn1t that sturdy. but it is!

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-19 8:58 AM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-19 11:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-03-19 1:53 PM
michael jackson? thats the best idea yes...

Many years ago there were rumours flying around that Jackson had gone into an oxygen bubble - it's used by people with weak immune systems (say after cancer therapy) and by the paranoid to avoid bugs, infections and so on because people (and bacteria) are "out to get them" in the latter case.
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 62 - Executed queries : 9