x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Strange Ebay incident - opinions needed

1 2 3
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 11:20 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

CE Geek - 2006-03-11 9:49 AM

I saw that taskbar issue, and I figured it might be corrected by recalibrating. But it may go off calibration a lot, like my Phenom does. Maybe, just maybe, it'll turn out to have a loose digitizer cable connection (in which case look for a new thread by me asking for advice how to dismantle the screen to fix it), but since I got it for about $200 less than almost all the other recently offered 6651s' selling prices, it's hard to imagine how it won't be worth it.

Oh, and I saw the other 6651 you're talking about. Are you sure it's H/PC Pro? I see it doesn't have the standard H/PC 2000 logo, but of course that's changeable in the Control Panel. (I'm well aware, though, that the early 6651s were H/PC Pro.)

it's hpc pro. it's got that ugly green! no one would change it to this particularly ugly green from the nice blue of hpc2000 but the real proof is the icons of the PIM suite!!! (again, very ugly, hpc2000 PIM icons are so much better IMO)
or can you change that too? nah, it wouldn't be worth it, trust me

good luck with the 6651!! certainly great price you'll LOVE it

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-11 11:21 PM
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 11:26 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

cmonex - 2006-03-11 8:20 PM
it's hpc pro. it's got that ugly green! no one would change it to this particularly ugly green from the nice blue of hpc2000 but the real proof is the icons of the PIM suite!!! (again, very ugly, hpc2000 PIM icons are so much better IMO)
or can you change that too? nah, it wouldn't be worth it, trust me

You've got a sharper eye than I do. Those details passed right under my nose. (Sure, why wouldn't they whip out the ol' icon editor and turn the swan into an ugly duckling? )
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 9:22 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Um, Yay?

I won the item on the second go-around. I was the only bidder. I bid the minimum early on and nobody sniped me. If I was outbid by the vendor the first time his greediness cost him $40.

Anyway, my 6651s are different, but both hpc2k. One has extra logos on the chassis. Maybe it started life as pro and got upgraded, I'll never know.

So now I wait patiently for my windows tablet. (yep, unfaithful again.)
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 10:29 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wallythacker - 2006-03-13 3:22 AM

Um, Yay?

I won the item on the second go-around. I was the only bidder. I bid the minimum early on and nobody sniped me. If I was outbid by the vendor the first time his greediness cost him $40.

Anyway, my 6651s are different, but both hpc2k. One has extra logos on the chassis. Maybe it started life as pro and got upgraded, I'll never know.

So now I wait patiently for my windows tablet. (yep, unfaithful again.)

what extra logos does your intermec have?

ive had four intermec for a few days (wow those beautiful days!), and mine has some extra sticker with a serial no. its battery has no serial. the other three (yea one is mine now too) that came from ebay france all had the serial on their batteries and no serial sticker on the bottom of the units.

so, is this the same extra stuff or what else do you have on it?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 1:33 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

You can't always tell by the logos on the units. My (H/PC Pro) Clio has the "Windows Powered" logo (a la H/PC 2000) printed on the casing, while my (H/PC 2000) MP790 has the "Powered by Windows CE Handheld PC" (a la H/PC Pro) logo on the inside of the unit right under the screen. (I guess in the latter case, they just kept using the same screens from the 770/780 when they built the 790s, and the only thing they had to do was slap the 790 sticker on the top instead of the 770/780 sticker.)

Edited by CE Geek 2006-03-13 1:33 AM
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 8:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Cmonex, my mecs are buried in a drawer right now and it will be a day or two for me to dig them out. Ya, things are that weird around here right now....
 Top of the page
1 2 3
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.390 - Cached queries : 47 - Executed queries : 25