x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

IR testing - howto?

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 11:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

I'm trying to set my Amity up as a sync partner for my hpcs.

The Amity lacks serial so IR is my only choice for initial syncs. The Amity also has Win95 which I guess further complicates things.

Anyhow, after going through the CESD here about rigging 95 to work I couldn't establish a connection over IR.

What program can you suggest to test the IR functionality of my Amity? I can't see any choices in Win95 to invoke IR transfers.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 6:55 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Have you followed the Windows 95 Patching guide?
http://www.hpcfactor.com/qlink/?linkID=12

If not, I suggest strongly that you follow it all... but if not the Recommended updates section has what you need. You want both of them.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 12:47 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Yep, I followed the CESD to the letter. Isn't there a major difference in IR functionality between 95 and 98? Something like the two can't communicate with each other?

Anyway, my new Amity tablet (Win98 when I'm done) will be my portable AS unit. I hope to have less headaches rigging it up to work for AS.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-16 3:35 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

No, none at all. 95 and 98 use the same IR stack, Windows Millenniums is virtually identical to the 95/98 one except for the front end.
Do you have the Infrared applet in the Control Panel?
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 1:33 AM
#
H/PC Elder

Yes I do, and it's set to poll for device within range every 3 ase conds
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 6:26 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If you're not getting any luck out of ActiveSync, try getting IrOBEX or TotalCommander on the H/PC and trying a direct file transfer to the PC.

Also, check that that PC IR lamp works. Get a TV remote push down a button and hold it down / rapidly press infront of the Lamp. Windows 95 should error code the IrStack and alert you.
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 5:11 PM
#
H/PC Elder

C:Amie - 2006-03-17 6:26 AM

Also, check that that PC IR lamp works. Get a TV remote push down a button and hold it down / rapidly press infront of the Lamp. Windows 95 should error code the IrStack and alert you.

Ahhh, that's the trick I was lookiing for. I'll add that one to my bag of tricks.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.140 - Cached queries : 64 - Executed queries : 9