x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

My continued slide into oblivion

wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 2:20 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Were'nt we talking recently about the vicious cycle we're in gettting units for spares and then buy more units as spares for the spares?

Yep, it happened to me today. I made the mistake of going to the source again, finding a NIB Tungsten W and the price was right. But, we had to cannalablizen another unit to get the cradle and headset. And the other cannalbalizedn unit had a sloppy sim door.

so when all said and done I had a complete NIB W and the store has a Tungsten worth pee diddly. (no cradle, no headset, wonky sim latch.

So what was I to do? I mean, really that lone W will never get sold missing so many bits.

So I did the only intelligent thing and offered $20 for it. To my delite I got two Ws for $95US. And again one had a sdio wifi card in the box. Must have been a promo from away back and nobody pulled the cards when the promo ended. My good, their bad.

I *think* this was a good day for loot considering

So now I can have my own single user palm wifi network.

Whoohoo.

I'll admit I'm really partial to the Ws. They have their faults but ther'ye. slick, easy to figure out, tons of software and so far in my hands very reliable . Plus I'm really taken by their design. None of the other ppcs appeal to my senses nearly as much.

I can already see who's gonna have a palm w in their future and it won't be dad or stepmom. Those two will br *really* busy learning their Jornadas and Dads got double duty learning a 720 & a Mobilepro.

Good god, I wonder what I'll stumbleacross tommorow

I'm still looking for that carton of 4gb flash cards that were mistakenly priced at $5 each..You never know

Top of the page
takwu Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 2:13 PM
#
H/PC Elder

wallythacker - 2006-03-10 11:20 AM

I'm still looking for that carton of 4gb flash cards that were mistakenly priced at $5 each..You never know

Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 11:28 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

haha, and i found a J728 on our local ad site today... in my country!! sent an email off to seller. wally, you're so right about those spare units... i've been wanting a spare J728 for a while. now if the seller can offer it at a lower price, i'll abandon my idea about persuading HP Hungary to exchange a dead J720 for a full J728 lol. (they will exchange it for a J720 that's for sure, but J728?)

then i need only a spare sig3 and i1m all set just fine. why not more spares? i never liked the idea of having two of the exact same model, not too interesting.. i have two of the MP 750C's (b/c first one isn't perfect) and of the intermec 6651's (but the second 6651 is half blind!). neither spare is particularly interesting for me..

so you can see i need a spare only for my "absolutely main" hpc's (j728 / sig3) and for the units that don't work perfectly. but in the future, who knows.. have already had this idea about having everything twice just to be sure...

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-11 11:33 PM
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 9:35 AM
#
H/PC Elder

takwu - 2006-03-11 12:13 PM

wallythacker - 2006-03-10 11:20 AM

Takwu, are you laughin because you got them already?
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 12:05 PM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm waiting for my "spare" J728-sold my "spare" 720's last week-have 1 left. Will let you know what this J728-looks like-should arrive Monday or Tuesday-supposedly has a few small scratches on lid-3 keys missing on keyboard-otherwise, I have been told it is fully functional for $75.00 US-thinking of possibly another "spare" J728 just in case it takes Microsoft etc. 10 years to figure out what "form factor" they are finally going to support in the future.
wildbill
 Top of the page
wallythacker Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 8:56 PM
#
H/PC Elder

You know, if we live long enough to see the replicator invented we'll all be egg-faced
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 10:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wildbill - 2006-03-12 6:05 PM

I'm waiting for my "spare" J728-sold my "spare" 720's last week-have 1 left. Will let you know what this J728-looks like-should arrive Monday or Tuesday-supposedly has a few small scratches on lid-3 keys missing on keyboard-otherwise, I have been told it is fully functional for $75.00 US-thinking of possibly another "spare" J728 just in case it takes Microsoft etc. 10 years to figure out what "form factor" they are finally going to support in the future.
wildbill

where did you find it for 75$?
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 1:35 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I was wondering the same thing. Even with those imperfections, that's gotta be the best deal anyone here has gotten recently.
 Top of the page
wildbill Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 11:44 AM
#
Factorite (Elite)

I'm waiting for it to arrive-should be there tomorrow or Wednesday-the guy apparently has several more-I want to see what I get first before I make further enquires for others. He wanted to send me 2 units & I could then choose which one that I wanted to keep. I told him to pick the best one because I didn't want to pay the postage back. The price was $75.00 US & he paid the postage to Canada. Anyway, if its a reasonable buy-I will ask him how many more used J728's he has to sell and tell him I know some possible buyers for used J728's and will let you know.
wildbill
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 12:19 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

wildbill - 2006-03-13 5:44 PM

I'm waiting for it to arrive-should be there tomorrow or Wednesday-the guy apparently has several more-I want to see what I get first before I make further enquires for others. He wanted to send me 2 units & I could then choose which one that I wanted to keep. I told him to pick the best one because I didn't want to pay the postage back. The price was $75.00 US & he paid the postage to Canada. Anyway, if its a reasonable buy-I will ask him how many more used J728's he has to sell and tell him I know some possible buyers for used J728's and will let you know.
wildbill

please can you help me get one of these? PM me ...
just to be more clear.. i dont need a fully working J728 just one similar to yours (condition & price lol. can be in a slightly worse condition though)

edit: i sent you a PM, better this way

Edited by cmonex 2006-03-13 12:29 PM
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.171 - Cached queries : 45 - Executed queries : 33