x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

REQ: Windows CE DSC Driver

Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 5:26 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi All,

It has come to my attention that there is not a DSC driver for using digital cameras which do not use Mass Storage type setup for our devices. This is something I am beginning to really miss. I can't write drivers myself, but does anyone know of one or willing to give one a go?

Cheers,

Nick
 Top of the page
cmonex Page Icon Posted 2006-03-10 5:38 PM
#
H/PC Oracle

i'd like one too..
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 3:11 PM
#
H/PC Sensei

Nick, there's as many standards for this as there are manufacturers plus the protocols are proprietary. People have created drivers for certain cameras for Linux, so the source code containing the protocols is there, but it's really not worth the hassle particularly when you can just slip the flash memory from the camera into the HPC, or a PCMCIA adaptor if necessary.

What camera in particular are you trying to make work?

Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-12 3:14 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

I believe Nick's talking about cameras with internal storage that can be downloaded only by USB connection.
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-03-13 3:50 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Ahh, I see: cameras with no removable storage at all?

Personally, I don't have much of a clue as to how one would write a driver for that sort of thing. Post what model you're interested in though, it might be worth it?
 Top of the page
Nick Charlton Page Icon Posted 2006-03-17 4:53 PM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi,

Yeah, I'm thinking about camera's with internal memory only. Its mainly with the cheaper cameras, I have an slightly 'old' underwater camera, that only holds something like 38 photo's and when I have one of my devices with me with space to hold several thousand photo's is pretty irritating.

The camera is a Cool-i Cam Aqua 350: http://www.cool-icambridgevx.com/web/eng/product/AQ-350.html

Cheers,

Nick
 Top of the page
chiark Page Icon Posted 2006-03-20 3:58 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

My view would be a pessimistic "Not a cat in hell's chance", I'm afraid. There's no drivers other than for Windows and Mac, provided by the developer, and I can't see a linux driver or source anywhere. This ain't going to work.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.156 - Cached queries : 63 - Executed queries : 10