x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

HP Info Exchange for J720?

JLS Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 4:22 PM
#
Factorite (Junior)

Bought my HP 720 on eBay. Works just great but noticed it does not
have the "HP Info Exchange" program as an "HP Application".

Where can one download this little plug-in?

I was wanting to use it to irda with my iPaq pocketpc that does have
an infared function.

Thanks

Edited by JLS 2006-03-09 4:23 PM
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2006-03-09 4:36 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

It isn't a standa alone program. If you open up any of the Outlook applications, and look on the Tools menu, you will see the Send/Recv(non-Windows) that is the PIM transfer to non-CE decices method.

If you are sending to a WinCE device, yiu can use the WinCE IrTran, which is on the file menu and in Windows Explorer.
 Top of the page
RLW
RLW Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 12:19 AM
#
Hello,

I've been finding tantalizing references to a piece of software called "HP Info Exchange" for the Jornada HPCs. From what I can tell, it allows a Jornada to transfer contacts, datebook, to do lists, etc. to/from a Palm device using the IR port.

A couple of reviews of the 720 out on the web refer to the software as being included with the device. Another review implies that it's buried down in the MS Outlook CD. Searching the filesystem on my Jornada came up with nothing (I did a Run->CMD.EXE->dir info* /s from the \ directory). I also searched the Outlook CD - no joy there, either.

Another site (dedicated to J680/690s) actually had a link to HP's FTP site:
ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/handheld_computers/software/

There was an EXE called InfoExch.exe, but it looks like it was for the J680. I tried installing it, but ActiveSync complained that it wasn't for the version I had. Forgive me, I'm a newbie, but I think the 680/90 was not an ARM-based device like the 720.

So... Is there a version of HP Info Exchange for the 720? I've searched this forum, the J7xx website, Google, and even looked under my couch cushions! Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks,

RLW
 Top of the page
matrixcore Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 12:31 AM
#
H/PC Elite

Hi, for the j720, it's burned in ROM, embedded in pocket outlook apps. just follow this steps

a) select the item you want to beam to the Palm device
b) go to Tools menu
c) tap on "Send(non-Windows)"

a window will appear with this caption
"HP info exchange Send"

and with the following text
"looking for receieving handheld device..."
"(non-Windows powered)"

i dunno if it works with all non windows devices, as i have none of them to try, but i think this info answers your question.

Edited by matrixcore 2006-03-11 12:33 AM
 Top of the page
Guest Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 12:53 AM
#
Matrixcore,

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou ...

That did the trick! I used my Palm Zire 21 - it took about 15 seconds for it to beam over my 252 contacts -- I'm a little disappointed that it doesn't know how to send my entire calendar over, but this is one heck of a start.

Thanks again,

RLW
 Top of the page
CE Geek Page Icon Posted 2006-03-11 3:31 AM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Oracle

And you're right about the 680 and 690 - they both have Hitachi SH3 processors.
 Top of the page
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.218 - Cached queries : 60 - Executed queries : 13