x
This website is using cookies. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. More info. That's Fine
HPC:Factor Logo 

Latest Forum Activity

Flash Cards...maybe?

1 2
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-01 6:46 PM
#
Avatar image of sophisticatedleaf
H/PC Elder

Can I get a flash cards - like program on my j720? Puhleeeaase don't make me use my palm for this!
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-02 8:08 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

Perhaps you should explain what you mean by 'flash cards'. As I'm assuming you are not meaning CF nvram.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-02 3:33 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Grr I don't like double - meanings.

Err...a study tool. They are usually paper, no idea why they are called flash cards.
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-02 5:05 PM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

They are also called Memory cards, even worse on the double meaning. They're called flash cards as you 'flash' them up as key word prompts to help you explain more complex answers.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-02 6:23 PM
#
H/PC Elder

This post is turning into a comedy. I am wondering if someone has made a program that like the flash cards game to help me study. As in it shows a picture, I guess (feebly) and press a button that shows the answer. That way, I can at least know if I will fail ahead of time and maybe get a bit better. A STUDY TOOL I TELL YOU!
 Top of the page
atariportfolio
atariportfolio Page Icon Posted 2005-01-02 9:43 PM
#
Have you considered using pocket powerpoint? The only problem is that you need desktop powerpoint to creat the slides. If you dont already have it you could probably get a copy of microsoft office 97 or powerpoint 97 for cheap of ebay.
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-02 10:31 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Good idea, I'll try that out. Oh, and for all the users here at Factor, I would like to present something that Microsoft stored hidden away in Windows CE: the ability to make Pocket Powerpoint slides. You see, in Pocket Word all you have to do is select the menu view, then outline. Walla, bullets. Save that as a Pocket Powerpoint presentation, and who needs a pc? (Snappy!...)
 Top of the page
C:Amie Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 8:56 AM
#
Administrator
H/PC Oracle

If it exists, it'll be on Handheld Attitude.

If it's not on Handheld Attitude, it doesn't exist

http://www.yetanotherhomepage.com/j7xx/
(Go Henri )
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 9:31 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-01-02 8:31 PM

Good idea, I'll try that out. Oh, and for all the users here at Factor, I would like to present something that Microsoft stored hidden away in Windows CE: the ability to make Pocket Powerpoint slides. You see, in Pocket Word all you have to do is select the menu view, then outline. Walla, bullets. Save that as a Pocket Powerpoint presentation, and who needs a pc? (Snappy!...)

Hmmm ... my eyebrows twitched! Did someone mentioned my name? Ah yes ... ProgSyn ... ... Yes, that would be one more nail into the PC.

btw, you can also install the Microsoft PowerToys (or Plus!?) It has a tool that allows you to save PocketWord docs into PocketPPT slides. Wait a minute, that's what ProgSyn already mentioned ... just that you will need to install the PlusPack I think...
 Top of the page
mewiedman Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 12:47 PM
#
Factor Fanatic

Since you are running Pocket PC, I think there were some flash programs for the HPLX series that you could run. Unfortunately, I didn't download them before SUPER went off line. SUPER will be back, but I don't know if it will be in time to help you.
 Top of the page
Rich Hawley Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 5:20 PM
#
Global Moderator
H/PC Guru

I wonder if you could install PocketDOS and then load and run an older DOS flashcard program?

I used to use a wonderful program called Handycards on my Mobilepro 780. It had a destop utility that allowed you to write your question/prompt, and then write the answer. You could also write 3 wrong answers as well.

You could use the program as a flashcard program, or set it up as a multiple choice test...and it would randomize the questions and answers.

Problem was it was only for MIPS processors. The vendor, Handycards.com still makes the software, much improved, but is only for PocketPCs and doesn't support ARM HPCs at all...which is disapointing now that that is what I own.

Still, I know that the Jornada 720, with the use of Nyditot Virtual Screen can run some pocketpc applications and it might be worth checking out. Especially the older PPC versions.

Rich
 Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-03 6:39 PM
#
H/PC Elder

Great idea, Rich. I'm trying to get pocketdos at the moment. Snappy!, I didn't realize that I needed to install one of those packages for it to work, as they are always the first thing I add on after a hard reset.

-I really like that excuse to get pocketdos...turns out that I have a bit more time because what do you know...finals are in two weeks! I love it when I have the date wrong...no really I do!
 Top of the page
Hurricane John Page Icon Posted 2005-01-04 7:37 AM
#
H/PC Sensei

Don't know if this is what your looking for......Checkout MCard or PCard at

http://www.you2.de/pcardse.html

Top of the page
sophisticatedleaf Page Icon Posted 2005-01-06 7:40 PM
#
H/PC Elder

How do you guys in the U.K. study? lol I am just trying to figure out a simple way of saying this...You get a deck of 3x5 cards. On the front you write the word in spanish (or a picture or whatever else you are trying to learn) on the back you write the word in english. Or you write on the front 2+2, and on the back you write 4. (Powerpoint is still the best but I just got pocketdos! Great app, I like playing leisure suit larry!)
 Top of the page
Snappy! Page Icon Posted 2005-01-07 9:17 AM
#
H/PC Elder

ProgramSynthesiser - 2005-01-06 5:40 PM

How do you guys in the U.K. study? lol I am just trying to figure out a simple way of saying this...You get a deck of 3x5 cards. On the front you write the word in spanish (or a picture or whatever else you are trying to learn) on the back you write the word in english. Or you write on the front 2+2, and on the back you write 4. (Powerpoint is still the best but I just got pocketdos! Great app, I like playing leisure suit larry!)

hehe ... Leisure Suit Larry ... they now have a new, 3D MMORG (correct?) kinda universe ... but me thinks the fun back then while playing LSL was more the intrigue and tongue-in-cheek humour that made LSL soo fun! 3D graphics just shut off the rest of the brain and only activate the visual lobe. ok ... maybe the hand-eye coordination motor-skills sector as well ...
 Top of the page
1 2
Jump to forum:
Seconds to generate: 0.265 - Cached queries : 69 - Executed queries : 11